Anyone know what pant size I should wear?

Options
I know it depends on your height and weight, but does anyone know what pant size I should wear if I'm a height of 63.75 inches or five foot three and three quarters of an inch??? My waist is 41 inches!!!! Yikes!!!!!!! I'm trying to lose 37 pounds though!!!! I've lost over five so far!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Why not go to a store and find out?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    6? 12?

i have NO idea.

i also think you should go to a store. you can try stuff on and if it doesnt fit, you can try a different size. then you can buy the ones that fit.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It has a lot to do with body build, where you carry your weight, etc. Are you small-waisted and big hipped? Or the opposite. Is your butt curvy or flat or somewhere in between. BMI, waist to height ratios, waist to hip ratios, where you carry your fat (for example, abdominal fat is supposed to be worse - indicator of increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and more) are more important than pant size. You can be the same height and weight as another person and be in two very different pant sizes depending on body build, muscle mass, fat, etc. Pant size is subjective. Other things are a better indication of health.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

This. Seriously.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Are you asking what pants size you should wear now? Or what pants size you should be? Either way, the answer is: the size that fits. And if anyone is checking your tags for the size, punch them! It's rude to reach into other people's pants without an invitation.

I tell everyone I'm a size 4. Let them call me a liar. :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    uuuum, The size that fits ya ! LOL
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

QFT

Women's pant sizes aren't just about your waist and weight- your shape and how you carry weight matters. Another woman could be the same height and weight as me with the same waist measurements and wear a different pant size, because I carry weight in my upper body and she could be pear shaped.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    and it also depends on your frame (big, medium, small)
    you probably wont know until you lose the weight
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Editing self...
  • beers_n_whiskey
    beers_n_whiskey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wear pants? I don't get it.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of size you should just get to a healthy weight..:) sizes differ from store/brand and body shape/height. I'm barely 5'1 and I'm trying to get to the high end of my healthy weight of 132 ...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    just wear sweatpants. easy access and stretchy. you're welcome.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you can really not tell by pant size, it all depends on the brand and how they are made. I have pants in my closet that range from a size 5-9 that all fit.
  • _Rogue
    _Rogue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeahhh you're going to have to go to the store and just start trying stuff on, doll.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    My waist is about 34 inches but I'm trying to get down to a 32. Usually I'm pretty good about that. Also I'm 5'11" and I've been married for quite a few years, if that helps any. I'm not a republican but my fiscal idealogy does run toward the more classical conservative style, and my inseam is a 32 as well.

When driving I'm typically the sort of person who is religious about use of turn signals - - I prefer boot-cut jeans. I've tried skinny jeans but I'm not above using the hand brake if someone is riding my bumper.

I say that one of my hobbies is paying guitar, but I've never really taken it seriously, so I wear belts for fashion and NEVER to keep a pair of pants up. I often ignore it when clothes say dry-clean only and I'll admit to trying skinny jeans. Those I would buy a size larger or so.

Watermelon radiation,
    Delicious Corkscrew
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    The size that fits???:huh:
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Are you asking what size you "should" wear with a 41" waist? I'd probably suggest a 3x for you and see how that works. I manage a dress shop and lots of women have no idea what size they are due to weight loss, gain or wearing very accomodating stretchy fabrics.

Or are you asking what size someone your height and not overweight will wear? That varies too much to say, usually under a size 10, but really depends how you carry your weight.