Anyone know what pant size I should wear?

Options
2»

Replies

• IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'll save you money and frustration. Buy yourself a Snuggie, wear it till you reach your goal weight and take all the money you saved and go on a spree!
    SnugLife_Fullpic_1.gif
  • FitNat4Jamaica
    Options
    Probably multiple different sizes, depending upon the brand. I pretty much wear the same pants size when I'm 120 pounds as I do when Im 160 pounds. It has very little to do with your height and actual weight and more with where and how you carry said weight. Also, how comfortable you are in your pants. I prefer loosely fit clothes sometimes when Im in great shape. There is no specific pants size; no accurate formula, as we all have different shaped bodies. Like me, for instance, I wear large shirts when Im at my heaviest and extra smalls when Im lighter, but usually I keep around the same pants size because a) I like loose fitting pants when Im skinny and b) because I have a massive *kitten*. Best thing to do is try out different brands and see what works for you, but it will not ever necessarily be the same, as a 7 at Rue 21 is the same as an 11 at WalMart which is similar to a 4 in MissMe. Hope this answers your question!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    My waist is about 34 inches but I'm trying to get down to a 32. Usually I'm pretty good about that. Also I'm 5'11" and I've been married for quite a few years, if that helps any. I'm not a republican but my fiscal idealogy does run toward the more classical conservative style, and my inseam is a 32 as well.

When driving I'm typically the sort of person who is religious about use of turn signals - - I prefer boot-cut jeans. I've tried skinny jeans but I'm not above using the hand brake if someone is riding my bumper.

I say that one of my hobbies is paying guitar, but I've never really taken it seriously, so I wear belts for fashion and NEVER to keep a pair of pants up. I often ignore it when clothes say dry-clean only and I'll admit to trying skinny jeans. Those I would buy a size larger or so.

Watermelon radiation,
    Delicious Corkscrew

QFT!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the ones that fit
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple inches taller and wider than you, I normally run 18's
    You might get into a 14, but the only way to know for sure is to go to your preferred store and try some on.
    Woman's clothing do not have a standard size, anyway. I could be an 18 in walmart, and 22 in some higher end store
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound incredibly obvious....but ... a pair that fits maybe?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I know it depends on your height and weight, but does anyone know what pant size I should wear if I'm a height of 63.75 inches or five foot three and three quarters of an inch???

Um... I'm going to go out on a limb here... but follow me on this, okay?

You should wear the pant size that fits.

TomsMindBlown.gif
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ok guys I think she gets it now :tongue:
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    I don't want to be mean, but is there something wrong that you can't go to the nearest store and try on a pair?

If you can't then maybe try looking at websites for clothes and checking out their sizing charts and comparing them to your measurements to get an idea of what range you fit in...

of course, actually obtaining said pants and trying them on will help you to fully determine the true fit.

good luck.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    wtf
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and have a 40 inch waist. I wear a 13/14.
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    Not sure what to say to you about that question due to you have to know what size you wear now.
    Good luck on your journey ..
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It depends on your shape. I have an hourglass shape so even thin I'd wear a larger size than someone who has no hips or booty
  • Madmarsha
    Options
    I'm close to your height, have a 41" waist and carry all my weight in my stomach. I'm in size 18 jeans that don't fall off because my waist keeps them on, but I can pull them down without unzipping. Size 16 wasn't quite comfortable yet in jeans. I have 2 size 12 slacks that I cannot get zipped even though they have some elastic in the waistband. I have a size 14 Gap Perfect Trouser with no elastic in the waistband but is a bit stretchy fabric that fits and that I'd wear if they were hemmed right. So I'm all over the place. So with elastic and/or stretchy fabric, I'm pretty close to a very comfortable 14 but nowhere near a 12. I want to lose my stomach which will probaby be around 55 more pounds
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think everyone responding to this thread has missed the point of the woman's question. I think she is asking what might be a reasonable waist size for her to have as a goal to get down to. It is ridiculous to think she is asking what size pants she needs to wear now?!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I know there isn't an exact way to know what size to aim for, but I found it helpful looking at this website to come up with an average size for my height and goal weight. You can search by height and weight and see what size real women are. Just keep in mind everyone is build differently.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • Madmarsha
    Options
    I disagree. I think she should wear a size 2. That's my opinion.
  • Barbie_Q
    Barbie_Q Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It depends on the brand
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you are 32 years old. How have you been figuring out what clothes to wear up to this point?