2011 - New Year, New Me! (week 1) Join us!

Options
Anyone out there interested in making the most of the last 17 weeks of 2010? Come on in! Let's motivate each other to lead a healthier lifestyle, no matter what your personal goals are.

I'm Trace, and I really just started this weight loss journey 3 months ago. I'm down 15 lbs and 7" in those short 3 months. I still have a ways to go, but I'm committed to making it happen whether it's quickly or slowly.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ultraviolencexo
    Options
    I'm with you completely, I've been struggling... not been dieting too long but up and down all time! I'd love to lose some weight by 2011! I'm Emma and I've been yoyo dieting I dropped 2 stone last christmas but then lost motivation and put it all back on! :(

Anyway, great idea! and well done on your weight loss so far! xx
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    Trace,

I'm with you! I was doing so great, but recently had a setback and gained back 20 of the 32 pounds I had lost. So disappointing, but I'm committed to jump back in and not backslide another pound!

Congrats on the 15 pounds in 3 months - that is fantastic!! Love the pic of you and your kids too!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Count me in.

My name is Lisa and I've been up and down 20 pounds over the past year. The one thing that I can say is, at least I haven't given up and I'm still trying. I'm trying to take it one day at a time and I look forward to seeing what we can all accomplish in the next 17 weeks! :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm in....can we keep track like we did on the "labor day challenge"???
    right now my goal is about 5-7lbs a month - with my "official" monthly goal noted on the first saturday of each month...
    current weight 213.2 on 9/4
    October goal is 206 on 10/2
    November goal is 199 on 11/6
    December goal is 193 on 12/4
    January goal is 188 on 1/1
    that would be about 25lbs off by january 1st...about 1 1/2lbs a week...a completely "DOABLE" schedule....
    i'm in....lets rock the new year and reach out goals....woooohooooooo
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If I could count all the 5 lbs I lost/gained/lost over the last 6 months, I'd be down 30 lbs! LOL! Since starting MFP I'm actually down 6. At first I only used it on my phone, not on the web, and at one point it locked up and when I reset it, I lost my info. But 3 or 6 I've kept it off,

I would love to join this group b/c I think New Year's is a great time line!

Count me in!
  • gamecock
    Options
    Count me in...........I lack motivation!!!! I need people to keep me going. I do so well for days or weeks then one little thing changes or I miss a workout or eat "bad" and I am completely off track again. :grumble:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Sure Denise, we can track it like we did on the Labor Day challenge thread. Do we want to use current starting weight? Or overall starting weight?

My opinion is to use our current weight as the start weight for the next 17 weeks so we can guage our short term progress.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    hi i'm definitely in. my name is karen. i just like 22lbs. to lose or little more. but i sure like be where i want to be by january 2nd. i'll be forty and i want to look hot on my birthday. so i know we all can help each other out. how about we start with what we are now. my starting weight is 162.2lbs.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Sure Denise, we can track it like we did on the Labor Day challenge thread. Do we want to use current starting weight? Or overall starting weight?

My opinion is to use our current weight as the start weight for the next 17 weeks so we can gauge our short term progress.

i think we should use current start weight for this challenge.....i'll copy and paste the one we used in the other thread and then we can add the "new names" for this challenge..

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight .........................+ / - LBS
    Porterbaby........................162.2..............................................162.2......................................0
    My2Loves..........................212.6..............................................212.6..................................... 0
    bluiz13...............................213.2..............................................213.2......................................0
    ultraviolencexo
    mamajoytimes2
    gamecock
    vkpmusic
    lisac1026

if you are joining the thread please copy this "chart" and past it in your reply and add your Start Weight & Current Weight which should be the same thing until next week when we have our first "official" weigh in...
  • ultraviolencexo
    Options
    Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight .........................+ / - LBS
    Porterbaby........................162.2..............................................162.2......................................0
    My2Loves..........................212.6..............................................212.6..................................... 0
    bluiz13...............................213.2..............................................213.2......................................0
    ultraviolencexo.................251..................................................251.........................................0
    mamajoytimes2
    gamecock
    vkpmusic
    lisac1026
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    ultraviolencexo.................251..................................................251.........................................0
    LisaC1026.......................161.6 ..............................................161.6......................................0
    mamajoytimes2
    gamecock
    vkpmusic

What day is our weigh-in day?
  • bluiz13
    Options
    the labor day group we were doing reporting on monday - latest tuesday but it was for whatever day you do/did your weighin last...i do mine on saturday so i just report monday what it was from the saturday just before...
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    We can weigh-in on whatever day. I usually weigh-in on Fridays, just because I don't think it's "nice" to weigh-in on Mondays, LOL! How about we weigh-in anytime from Friday through Sunday. Then we can start fresh every Monday for the next week.
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    :bigsmile: I usually update MFP on Wednesday's, but I weigh myself every day, so it really doesn't matter for me. I was just curious!

Do you guys have any suggestions for a healthy lunch that I can pack for my picky 7 yr old daughter? She doesn't like PB&J or lunch meat. I feel like I'm running out of ideas and everything I come up with she doesn't want....any new thoughts are welcome!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Lisa - I love to peruse this blog for lunch ideas for my nearly-6 year old daughter: http://bentolunch.blogspot.com/
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    LisaC1026.......................161.6 ..............................................161.6......................................0
    jacqueline0821...............145.8...............................................145.8......................................0
    mamajoytimes2
    gamecock
    vkpmusic

I would love to join I can't seem to get below 140!!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. My goal is to lose the last 20 pounds I want to lose by the new year. I usually weigh in in Fridays, but like someone else said, I usually weigh myself every morning. I see on your chart you just have +/- lbs, I would recommend also adding a column for percentage lost, since 1 lbs to me wouldnt be the same as 1 lbs to someone else. Just a suggestion.

jacqueline0821...............145.8...............................................145.8......................................0
    renaegry............................162.2...............................................162.2......................................0
    mamajoytimes2
    gamecock
    vkpmusic
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i just copied the table from our labor day challenge and we didnt track it there but i'd love to see % lost too so i updated it with the % lost column...

to calculate each week, take your total weight lost divided by you start weight.....for example - my goal at the end of this challenge is 188, my start weight is 213.2 so WHEN I REACH my goal, i'll be down 25.2lbs...25.2lbs (total lost) divided by 213.2 (start wt) is 12% lost.....

each week update your current weight, total weight lost and total % lost on the most recent table and repost to the thread...if you want to just post the numbers in the thread, i'll be happy to update the table weekly as they come in...

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight .........................total lbs lost...............total % lost
    Porterbaby........................162.2..............................................162.2...........................................0..................................0%
    My2Loves..........................212.6..............................................212.6...........................................0..................................0%
    bluiz13...............................213.2..............................................213.2...........................................0..................................0%
    ultraviolencexo.................251..................................................251..............................................0..................................0%
    LisaC1026.......................161.6 ..............................................161.6...........................................0..................................0%
    jacqueline0821...............145.8...............................................145.8...........................................0..................................0%
    renaegry............................162.2...............................................162.2..........................................0..................................0%
    mamajoytimes2...............
    gamecock.........................
    vkpmusic..........................
  • FrackLoser
    Options
    Oh this would be great! I've recently been unmotivated and gained over 50 pounds as a result. However, now it's time to get that weight off. I just recently was hired on for a full time tech support job, which is great! However... it means sitting at a desk all day long. Hopefully this challenge will light a fire under me to get motivated!

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight .........................total lbs lost...............total % lost
    Porterbaby........................162.2..............................................162.2...........................................0..................................0%
    My2Loves..........................212.6..............................................212.6...........................................0..................................0%
    bluiz13...............................213.2..............................................213.2...........................................0..................................0%
    ultraviolencexo.................251..................................................251..............................................0..................................0%
    LisaC1026.......................161.6 ..............................................161.6...........................................0..................................0%
    jacqueline0821...............145.8...............................................145.8...........................................0..................................0%
    renaegry............................162.2...............................................162.2..........................................0..................................0%
    FrackLoser.......................250.................................................250...............................................0..................................0%
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you girls!!! I haven't lost much weight lately, but have been working out as much as I can. Would love to be part of this group and get my butt in gear!!! My name is Jamie

FrackLoser.......................250.................................................250...............................................0..................................0%
    ready2bff...........................229.................................................229...............................................0..................................0%