What's your biggest struggle with your weightloss?

Options
So what do you think in your situation is keeping you from reaching your fitness and health goals? I am always curious because everyones situation is a little bit different.

Replies

• SerenaKitty
    Options
    Using food to calm my anxiety or avoid certain emotions. I like everything about weight loss - eating the right amount and exercising, but it is difficult when you use food as medicine.
  • wicky24
    wicky24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love desserts so much and hate exercising even more than I love treats. I'm trying to tell myself this time that I only need one. They will still be there tomorrow. Plus, I do eat as a comfort. My husband and I don't get along very well anymore. And he's out of work quite a bit. So I'm stressed and that usually breaks me. But I'm doing better about that. Also, it's been easier for me in the past to just give up and try to be happy fat. Didn't want to do the work and it was easy to convince myself otherwise. But I'm not going to do that this time.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Using food to calm my anxiety or avoid certain emotions. I like everything about weight loss - eating the right amount and exercising, but it is difficult when you use food as medicine.

I'm the same way, especially when I get anxiety I'll eat a whole lot and feel calm in that moment...then after feel bummed haha This time around though with my weightloss, I've been pretty good with riding through the storm and not using food to calm myself. That's def a big struggle.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Eating out and happy hours are a big part of the social life (and networking) events here in DC. Sometimes my choice is network with people and eat crap bar food / spend time with a friend and eat/drink too much/the wrong things... or stay home and cook for myself. It's not a good choice, and I do everything I can to try to offset it, but it's still rough.
  • bluetuesday5
    bluetuesday5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not being able to get stronger at my weightlifting is really taking it out of me psychologically, going to the gym just to lift the same weights every day. Family meals aren't always great either but I can make up for that on other days.
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I work in a Medical office and it seems as if myself and 2 others are the only ones trying to eat healthy. For some reason there potluck lunches almost every week, and people only seem to bring pizza, fried chicken, donuts, and potato salad(some of my favorite things. It makes fitting things into my caloric requirements difficult because I think it would be a little rude to start weighing things and guessing how many calories to log
  • matthew_b
    matthew_b Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Yep, that!

Feeling full just is so satisfying. I can pack away an incredible amount of food to get there too.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Craft beer. Stuff will be the end of me.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    For me it is pm snacking. Once I am resting for the night I just want to snack. And I mean salty snack.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Accepting that my results seem to come at a snail's pace. Seeing other people get fast results can get me down if I let it. I will sometimes get to the point when I start asking myself if it's worth all the effort. I have to keep reminding myself that it is worth it. Any results are better than no results. I have come a long way and I need to keep moving forward and remember that the struggle won't stop when I reach my goal weight/size anyway - it'll just be a different struggle.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

:drinker:

That's the one food I've cut out that I actually miss. Bourbon makes a reasonable substitute, but nothing beats a good IPA.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I prefer to graze - small amounts of various foods all day that are hard to keep track of but obviously total way too many calories by the end of a day (judging by my girth). This planning and sitting down to meals doesn't come easily.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    impatience
    inconsistency
    emotional eating/drinking
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym. This month our weather has been crazy between 2-4 inches of snow every week, the Polar Vortex, and now more snow/cold, and most of the days I haven't wanted to leave the house.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Before I answer this a little background. I have already lost close to 60 lbs before coming here, with that said my answer would be eating out of boredom. I struggle with this but not daily and I keep getting better as long as I have a food plan in place.
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

:drinker:

That's the one food I've cut out that I actually miss. Bourbon makes a reasonable substitute, but nothing beats a good IPA.

Agreed. Plus I've stopped drinking as much wine... which is difficult living with my wino mother who keeps her wine fridge stocked full of delicious wines :(. I don't really love hard alcohol, so if I'm gonna spend a 100+ calories on a drink I will have the beer or wine that I want but it actually isn't too difficult to give up drinking to excess because I get a hangover from more than 2 pints or a couple glasses of wine. So feeling great on weekend mornings is a good motivator too, for me.

My main biggest struggle, as already mentioned by a couple people, is the social aspect of drinking/eating. I don't need to grab fast food on the way home and sit in my house and eat it alone. However, I do love to social aspect of having a meal out with friends but I hate trying to estimate the calories on a meal out, and trying to figure out what actually is health vs. a salad that sounds healthy but actually has a lot of high calorie things hidden in it. Plus, once you're out and hungry.. that beer and burger and fries.. oh my. Sounds so delicious. But I figure, in moderation. I prepare all my own suppers/lunches/breakfasts most days of the week, one night out a week isn't going to ruin my weightloss if I hit the gym that day.
  • adnamaliag
    adnamaliag Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Late night binge eating. With me it's like the second everyone else is in the bed I turn on some switch that tells me EAT ALL THE FOOD! I blame half of it on working late shifts (my regular work day runs from 4pm-12:30am....yay retail...) but mostly it's my sucky will power,
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym. This month our weather has been crazy between 2-4 inches of snow every week, the Polar Vortex, and now more snow/cold, and most of the days I haven't wanted to leave the house.

You tube has free videos that helps with not being able to go to Gym. I have never been to a gym, every workout at home.
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I dont see the scales move...
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    NOT BEING CONSISTENT AND THAT STOPS TODAY!