What's your biggest struggle with your weightloss?

Options

Replies

• pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love food. Eating reasonable portions makes me really sad sometimes. I only recently started this endeavor, but I already miss the mindless snacking at work.
    I also miss wine... But I love food more, so I don't bother making room for it.
  • bingeing :( i comfort eat too. its so difficult to stop!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Getting to the gym. This month our weather has been crazy between 2-4 inches of snow every week, the Polar Vortex, and now more snow/cold, and most of the days I haven't wanted to leave the house.

The weather is screwing up my routine as well. Between the snow and the uncharacteristic cold I haven't consistently been getting my daily walk, which is annoying for both me and my furry companion.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Exercising. I hate exercising. I don't mind weight lifting but I hate cardio. Then, the gym that use to be behind my house, moved about 15 minutes east of me into another city limit. With the extreme cold weather and snowy weather, it makes it almost impossible to be consistent in my routine. I did finally purchase a workout video but it is hip hop cardio. I have no exercise equipment at home, except for my son wanting me to bounce him on the big therapy ball and he's 72 pounds. I don't know though, I guess I just do better at following my diet and meal planning than I do with the exercising. It's just not my thing, at least for now.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    The dreaded PLATEAU !!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    When life happens. When I have to choose between picking up an emergency prescription for my disabled parents or going for a run, or I end up moving unexpectedly and have no kitchen for a month, or whatever. And I would love to say these things are few and far between, but they aren't (for me). For the most part, when life is status quo, it's not hard. Yeah, I have good days and bad days-but nothing unrecoverable. It's when status quo is disrupted that it gets hard. Time and resources disappear and the mental energy goes to whatever crisis is at hand.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Accepting that my results seem to come at a snail's pace. Seeing other people get fast results can get me down if I let it. I will sometimes get to the point when I start asking myself if it's worth all the effort. I have to keep reminding myself that it is worth it. Any results are better than no results. I have come a long way and I need to keep moving forward and remember that the struggle won't stop when I reach my goal weight/size anyway - it'll just be a different struggle.

This is mine too as well. I agree.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am a comfort eater! I have 4 kids, age 8 and under. My husband is rarely around to help, so that makes for some really frazzled nerves by the time I put them to bed. It became my habit to unwind in the recliner with whatever was in the house. It didn't have to be junk food. It just had to be food. I'm still struggling to break this habit, but it's getting better! Slowly but surely.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Not being down to where I should be by now....but that is because of my lack of discipline.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cravings. I always want to eat something.
  • cousa87
    cousa87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. Accepting slow progress, as someone else mentioned
    2. I travel a lot and it's hard to stick to a diet when I can't prepare my foods
    3. Eating to ease stress, it's almost like binge eating sometimes.
  • lleaka
    lleaka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    consistency.. not pertaining to weight loss per se, but with nutrition... I just go off the reservation every once in a while for prolonged periods of time... when I snap back-- undoing the damage is painful

Same for me !! This pretty much sums it up....that and my love of snacks.I have no problem just eating snacks , no real meals at all.
  • usamantha23
    usamantha23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated that I am not seeing results fast enough, and give up. I am trying not to do that this time. Everyday I have to remind myself that it is a slow process.
  • nightshiftzoomer
    Options
    boredom
  • apercanis
    Options
    The dreaded PLATEAU !!

Reason I joined MFP! I also struggle keeping my sodium intake within decent levels.
  • bedwellchris
    bedwellchris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want results NOW and I realize that is not going to happen. I also have been on crutches for 2 months, so exercise is extremely limited. I miss social eating.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Drinking my calories has been my biggest struggle. I'm a big pop drinker, and in addition to that I like sweetened tea, hot chocolate, milk, etc. I still make room for at least one pop a day, but now having a drink with calories in it is more of a treat. It still makes me sad sometimes though, because every once in awhile a mocha is exactly what you need!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistance and reactive hypoglycemia. It's one of the hardest things to live with.

Because my body overproduces insulin, I am constantly hungry. When your body becomes resistant to insulin, it cannot metabolise carbohydrates properly. This leads to weight gain, and a constant craving for carbohydrates.

With my blood sugar constantly crashing into the 40s and 50s, I have to eat frequently- usually within every two hours. Sometimes I'm not even hungry so it is very frustrating having to eat so frequently just to keep my blood sugar up.
  • LauraElizabeth1982
    LauraElizabeth1982 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My biggest Struggle is keeping track of everything I eat. Portions, Measuring adding it all to my food journal. It all becomes daunting after awhile. And to lose weight and be healthy its not just about Calories and fat, its everything Sodium, sugar etc. Sodium is the worst it goes buy so quickly before Ive even used up half my calories for the day. And i am Not a salt adder to my foods I never add salt at all its just most foods these days have a lot in them.

and then this confuses me How come on here MFP the calories you burn are added to your food intake for the day. I thought if you want to lose weight you try to burn the calories you eat and not eat the calories you burn?????
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mostly for me its bedtime snacking. I love sweets and after dinner my belly starts bugging me for dessert! I also have a hard time knowing when I am really hungry or not so its hard for me to put down the fork after I finish my portioned meal because I dont have that FULL feeling.