How do you reward yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• BennettV72
    Options
    For every calorie I burn during exercise, I earn a penny towards the cost of this gorgeous Coach purse I bought that is sitting next to where I work out. I can't use it until it's been fully earned! Very motivating for me.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was a teenager I've wanted Doc Marten Boots. They are expensive though so I never buy them (I'm frugal like that). However, once I reach my 100lb weight loss mark....which is now only 35lbs away...I WILL HAVE THOSE DAMN BOOTS! lol :devil:

They last ages, are really warm (well mine are lined), are waterproof and really comfortable so I think they are worth it.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ha, we are all different.... And then again not so much... It seems people often pick "look-related" things - clothes, mani/pedi, etc.

For me though, I kind of put the horse before the cart. I got that kind of "rewards" before I started. Probably because for me, gaining all this weight has happened partly because of feelings of shame/guilt/you name it. So I thought if I was going to get fit for good this time, I had to feel I deserved it, and deserved all the other nice things too. Not getting what I wanted at the time would be like punishing myself for being fat, which for me at least has proven oh-so-counterproductive.

So I cut my hair short as it was when I was slim, I figured out my most flattering colours and filled in my wardrobe with nice, but cheap things that I wouldn't mind slimming out of (is that correctly put?!) so I had something nice to wear every day, nice lacy underwear, better quality skincare, bought the makeup I had been thinking about... Then I started losing.

So I guess in my case, my getting fit will be my reward for learning, over the course of the years, to like myself...? So no special reward for getting fit.