Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• keosis
    keosis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I bought the 30ds a while ago and have used it occasionally, but never every day. How is it supposed to work? It did not come with a plan on which workout to do which days or at least if it did I lost it. Can anyone tell me how to use it for the 30 days. Thanks!
    I do 2 days on, 1 day off with cardio, 2 days on and then a rest day, but that's just me but it seems to help me from overworking myself.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Done level 2! Starting 3 tomorrow.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Any ideas on what to do after completing the 30 day shred? I'm looking for something about the same length - less than 30 minutes, and something that focusses on sculpting - I do lots of cardio.
  • cami11e
    cami11e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just completed the 30DS and here are my end results. I combined it with Eat. Stop. Eat. which I find works really well for people who don't want to exhaustively count calories and who are likely to lose stamina with dieting.

Height: 5' 7''
    SW: 139 lbs
    CW: 130 lbs

I wrote a short blog reviewing the program and what I felt helped me keep going if anyone's interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cami11e?month=201403
  • sophiecox779
    sophiecox779 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey, Im on day 5 of 30 day shred and this post has been sooo helpful, I thought it had to be done 10 days in a row too. I feel so much happier knowing thats why Im finding it difficult. Thanks guys.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    On L3D5, I am getting slowly better at this level, but I much say that this is my least fav level, and I thought L2 was bad. Has everything to do with my frustration regarding my strength level. One day I will do 30DS all over again and I WILL murder it!
    Any ideas on what to do after completing the 30 day shred? I'm looking for something about the same length - less than 30 minutes, and something that focusses on sculpting - I do lots of cardio.

I heard other suggest JM's Ripped in 30. I am going to try that or Body Revolution next myself.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions MarliQQ. I did level 3 day 1 today. I had heard it was easier! Definitely not!! I'm hoping that after a few days it will get a get easier!!
  • awaagner
    awaagner Posts: 4
    Options
    Just started -- L1 D1 today! I commute to my job in Manhattan from Long Island daily and have very little time to exercise, so I'm super excited to see all of the great results that this is bringing people. Hoping to post my own great results pics this time next month.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @Mrs Canmore

I would suggest GSP's Rushfit. It's a 3 month program, with several DVDs. You follow a calendar, using the various workouts, with different schedules for beginner- advanced. If you follow the beginner/intermediate calendar, most days are 20-30 mins. It also includes free cardio days, where you do typically 45 mins of an activity of your choice.

The trainer is really good at explaining the effect of each exercise and is motivating without being annoying. It is also great to see GSP work up a sweat and butcher the English language in the process.

I really liked the program and had decent results. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but definitely became more toned and stronger. I am planning to do another round in the fall.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    Thanks chunkybun. I'll check that out.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So I just ended 30DS, increased the days from 30-45, 5 extra days for each level. 3Days 30DS, 1Day Cardio, alternating. Had no rest days built in, but due to life, took a total of about 7 days off during the course of the program. Here are my results:

Starting
    Weigh-in: 234.4
    Neck: 16.9 inches
    Waist: 51.6 inches
    Hips: 47.2 inches
    I did not take measurements the same day I started 30DS, so instead I am posting measurements I had recorded less than 2 weeks before, and the weigh-in was recorded one day before start.

Ending
    Weight: 215.7
    Neck: 14.9 inches
    Waist: 47.3 inches
    Hip: 42.4 inches

Good luck all!
  • bostonboxermom
    bostonboxermom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great workout. I did a 15 minute 'strength' exercise video yesterday with 5 lb weights, and felt a little sore today (not overly so). I have a feeling the 30 min JM workout will kick my butt!! I do have 3 lb weights, so maybe I'll try those with the JM video.

I usually do Zumba Wii a few times a week (generally 40 mins). I also make sure to get in 10k steps most days. That's all the exercise I do - mostly, I just eat a cal deficit. So far, so good...down 16.4 lbs and 4" (waist) since I started Jan 10th. I set my first ticker goal for 135 (I'm 5'2)..my '2nd' goal will be 125..and then I think I'll be done/happy.

So, would it be best to do 5 days a week of 30 day shred with weekends off? Or should I only do it 3 days a week? I usually eat back half my exercise calories.
  • BonnieCaley
    BonnieCaley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have been doing 30DS every other day - pain in my stomach is unreal, due to do it today but struggling. I know it's a no pain pain no gain theory but I need to be able to move!! Feeling sore and annoyed :(