NO ENERGY - PLEASE HELP

Options
Hi everyone, I have been logging on here 4 weeks now. I was doing very well, for the first 2 weeks except for the fact I wasn't losing anything, but my eating was within the 1200+ & I was exercising regularly.
In the middle of the second week, I lost all my energy and am struggling to get it back again. I am only able to walk as my lack of energy is not allowing me to run or bike ride
Does anyone have any suggestions as to perhaps why this has happened, or any suggestions to help me overcome this problem.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Not enough fuel for the body?

Try increasing your calories.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public please? You most likely need to eat more. 1200 is not a one size fits all calorie goal. And you need to eat back your exercise calories as well.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public please? You most likely need to eat more. 1200 is not a one size fits all calorie goal. And you need to eat back your exercise calories as well.
    ^^^This.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants

Edited to add that w/ such a small amount of weight to lose you must set your goal to .5 lb. per week. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    For one thing, your ticker shows that you have lost over a kilo - that isn't "nothing."

Second, like the previous poster said, you may not be eating enough for your body. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you set to a reasonable goal? (ie, if you only have 4 kilos to lose, losing 1 a week is not a reasonable expectation).
  • cjfrankum
    Options
    It's a very small suggestion, but when this happens to me I take Guarana. It was great for giving me the energy to get through the day and my workouts. Simple dietary supplement you can get anywhere.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    ^^^This.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants

Edited to add that w/ such a small amount of weight to lose you must set your goal to .5 lb. per week. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    increase your calories
  • karenowen60
    karenowen60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For one thing, your ticker shows that you have lost over a kilo - that isn't "nothing."

Second, like the previous poster said, you may not be eating enough for your body. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Are you set to a reasonable goal? (ie, if you only have 4 kilos to lose, losing 1 a week is not a reasonable expectation).

I didn't lose anything for the first 2 weeks, but that kilo has been lost since. I'm not worried about that, because I m happy with the way things are going at the moment, it is the lack of energy that is a problem.
    Yes I am eating back my exercise calories, and my goal is on 1/2 kilo a week.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein in your diet? It's hard to tell without being able to see your diary.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    ^^^This.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? Eating 1200 and netting 1200 are two completely different things.

Edited to add: Whoops! Just noticed your post saying that you do eat your exercise calories! Could you open up your diary so we might get a better idea with advice?
  • karenowen60
    Options
    I did open my diary to the public, but some reason it keeps re setting itself back again. I have reopened it again. I know 1200 is not a one size fits all, but MFP have set it at that with the information I gave them, plus I went onto the "scoobydoo" calories counter website, and that gave me 1490 calories which is pretty much what I eat including my exercise calaories.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? Eating 1200 and netting 1200 are two completely different things.

Yes I am eating back my exercise calories almost everyday.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    The equations are based on averages and aren't rules. You may require more food.

Also we're assuming that everything else is ok with you health wise and that you're getting enough sleep
  • karenowen60
    Options
    ^^^This.

I have made it public, I have to keep resetting the damn thing cause it goes back to friends only all the time.

I have set it to .5kg loss per week, I am not worried about the weight loss, only the lack of energy.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I did open my diary to the public, but some reason it keeps re setting itself back again. I have reopened it again. I know 1200 is not a one size fits all, but MFP have set it at that with the information I gave them, plus I went onto the "scoobydoo" calories counter website, and that gave me 1490 calories which is pretty much what I eat including my exercise calaories.

It gave 1490 for what? Your basal metabolic rate? The number you should eat to lose 0.5 lbs per week? These are important distinctions.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein in your diet?
    ^^^This. MFP's 20% goal is a minimum, not a maximum.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    you will need to increase ur calories
  • karenowen60
    Options
    It's a very small suggestion, but when this happens to me I take Guarana. It was great for giving me the energy to get through the day and my workouts. Simple dietary supplement you can get anywhere.

Thanks for your advice, I will look into it.
  • karenowen60
    Options

It gave 1490 for what? Your basal metabolic rate? The number you should eat to lose 0.5 lbs per week? These are important distinctions.

1490 was my calorie intake. My metabolic rate & TDEE were different amounts