Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Karen, you may need a rest week. Not from your diet, but from whatever exercise you are doing. Like a dripping tap, exercise can be taxing. When you do this rest week, do not adjust your calories. Keep them the same net. If you come back from your rest week and still feel the same, you may think about increasing your calories a bit at a time.

Also, people always claim, a calorie is a calorie, BUT certain calories carry certain effects on the body. Re-evaluate the calories that you regularly put in your body. Make sure they promote energy for your lifestyle.
  • becmarkwick
    becmarkwick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi THere,

I see you are doing lite n easy. I have used them in the past, but I found there food allocations out of whack. From looking at your diary I still think that the case.

Crunchy nut cereal, and a little yoghurt is a crappy breakfast, and they give you tiny little lunches, and a big dinner.

We decided to do our own brekky - we have muesli soaked overnight in almond milk, and we bought up some mini meals - they are bigger than the provided lunches - and between 300-400 calories. We also have some frozen dinners for just in case nights.

I've been doing so much better eating 1400 calories rather than starving and bingeing on 1200. For a successful lifestyle change the slower the better.

I'd try eating more in the mornings and see if that helps.
  • karenowen60
    karenowen60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? Eating 1200 and netting 1200 are two completely different things.

Edited to add: Whoops! Just noticed your post saying that you do eat your exercise calories! Could you open up your diary so we might get a better idea with advice?

I have opened it up now. for some reason I change it to "public" & it seems to reset itself back to private again.
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 calories to lose. Having said that, I had a ton of vegetables and lean protein and NO processed food or diet soda. I can't tell what some of your food items are as I'm not familiar with the brand so I'm assuming you live outside the US. I would raise your calories OR make sure you are eating more lean protein and vegetables and less processed food. It may be the quality of the calories that is zapping your energy. If that didn't help I'd see a doctor to be checked for a vitamin deficiency or anemia? Good luck :smile:
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    When was the last time you had your doctor do a full blood work up? Including your B12 levels?
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest changing your goal from a 1 lb loss to a 0.5 lb loss per week. I still lost just fine at that rate, though it took a bit longer.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Hi THere,

I see you are doing lite n easy. I have used them in the past, but I found there food allocations out of whack. From looking at your diary I still think that the case.

Crunchy nut cereal, and a little yoghurt is a crappy breakfast, and they give you tiny little lunches, and a big dinner.

We decided to do our own brekky - we have muesli soaked overnight in almond milk, and we bought up some mini meals - they are bigger than the provided lunches - and between 300-400 calories. We also have some frozen dinners for just in case nights.

I've been doing so much better eating 1400 calories rather than starving and bingeing on 1200. For a successful lifestyle change the slower the better.

I'd try eating more in the mornings and see if that helps.

Thanks for that. I have done Lite n easy before & not had a problem at all, in saying that I didn't exercise either, but at the moment I am struggling big time.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    When was the last time you had your doctor do a full blood work up? Including your B12 levels?

Prob 12months ago, have an appointment tomorrow for that reason, to ask for a blood test.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    I'm going to suggest changing your goal from a 1 lb loss to a 0.5 lb loss per week. I still lost just fine at that rate, though it took a bit longer.

I only want to lost .5lb a week, am more than happy with that
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Your protein number is very low. Try to hit around 100 grams everyday. After about a week, your energy should be better. Also, the 1400 calories that MFP calculates includes the deficit needed to lose weight. An occasional light day won't hurt, but you will crash and burn if you do it all the time. You have to give yourself enough fuel to keep up your motivation.
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Make sure he/she checks your B12, folate and ferritin levels along with everything else. A deficiency in any of those areas can contribute to loss of energy.

Good luck :)
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein in your diet? It's hard to tell without being able to see your diary.

I have opened my diary now.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Make sure he/she checks your B12, folate and ferritin levels along with everything else. A deficiency in any of those areas can contribute to loss of energy.

Good luck :)

No, I am in Australia
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend. The last 10-15 pounds are the toughest and you can't just get super ripped by just eating less of whatever you've been eating. You'd need a diet similar to a pro athlete to get your body fat that low.
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    As soon as I posted I thought "or Australia" - silly me :) I also concur with the needing more protein. (It's difficult to get those protein macros up, I'm finding!)
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    I only drink diet coke when we eat out, which is not very often &Pizza hut, we don't have where I live nor do I eat it. I only have 3kgs to lose and what plan are you suggesting.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can you get in more water. You may be a little dehydrated. Also try adding some protein for energy.
    It's a very small suggestion, but when this happens to me I take Guarana. It was great for giving me the energy to get through the day and my workouts. Simple dietary supplement you can get anywhere.

Thanks for your advice, I will look into it.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    As soon as I posted I thought "or Australia" - silly me :) I also concur with the needing more protein. (It's difficult to get those protein macros up, I'm finding!)

Ok, so more protein seems to be the main suggestion.

I have a bodybuilder friend, who I was talking to and he gave me a diet to help me with energy but my doctor won't allow me to do it, he says it is waaaaay too much protein.

He is talking 5 meals a day with 80gm of chicken & 50gm sweet potato every 3 hrs.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    I only drink diet coke when we eat out, which is not very often &Pizza hut, we don't have where I live nor do I eat it. I only have 3kgs to lose and what plan are you suggesting.
    Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

I feel better eating fewer packaged, processed foods. Everybody's different, and it will take trial & error to find what works for you.