Lemon water

Options
Hi, is it true that drinking water with lemon help loosing some fat?

Thanks

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    no
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    No
  • nicole595
    nicole595 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Can you think of any logical reason why it would?
    If not, then I think you answered your own question :)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    No
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard that...but I know adding lemon to my water helps me to drink more which in turn helps me eat less :)
  • soosanj
    Options
    This is what I've heard of lemon, adding lemon helps the water to be alkaline, which is great for losing weight.

◾Lemons are antiseptic
    ◾Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
    ◾Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
    ◾Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
    ◾Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
    ◾Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
    ◾Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning, so if you are on a weight loss journey this could be the most important of the lemon water benefits.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    no.
    This is what I've heard of lemon, adding lemon helps the water to be alkaline, which is great for losing weight.

◾Lemons are antiseptic
    ◾Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
    ◾Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C

starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning, so if you are on a weight loss journey this could be the most important of the lemon water benefits.

And
    michael-scott-no.gif
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

:noway:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    Options
    I haven't heard that...but I know adding lemon to my water helps me to drink more which in turn helps me eat less :)

That's a good tip for those who find plain water boring and need to up their water intake.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

And to think I've just been eating at a deficit.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    N:angry:

it's tasty though.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

No. Ay Dios Mio!

hay-dios-mio-o.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

143l5ac.jpg
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    No, and too much of it is bad for your stomach lining.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    no..

calorie deficit, yes

lemon water, no
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

I know lemon (any citrus really) is an antiseptic. They contain folate, potassium and Vit C. There may be some truth to the other claims, but lemon water igniting metabolism is patiently false. And adding lemon to water making it more alkaline to help lose weight reminds of stuff my coworker says who is starving himself by fasting and eating raw in addition to other beliefs.

Edit: I occasionally put a slice of lemon in my water, just because I am tired of drinking straight water but it has no bearing on weight loss.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

◾Lemons are antiseptic

don't forget lemon water also converts stored fat into muscle.