Lemon water

Options

Replies

• nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I love lemon water. If you add cayenne pepper it will help speed your metabolism, but regular water and lemon , No. It is good for you though, regardless!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I love lemon water. If you add cayenne pepper it will help speed your metabolism, but regular water and lemon , No. It is good for you though, regardless!

No :noway:
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Actually hot peppers do temporarily boost your metabolic rate. It is the capsaicin that is in the peppers.
  • PaulaCLamb
    Options
    No, but what it does do is help cleanse the liver. Now the liver is our bodies detoxyfier so cleansing the liver helps to cleanse the body, I do know it does also help with that sweet tooth same as Grapefruit..
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Actually hot peppers do temporarily boost your metabolic rate. It is the capsaicin that is in the peppers.

Sorry I meant no to lemon juice AND cayenne pepper together. The amount it boosts it is negligible though.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it helps cleanse your liver or kidneys but thats about it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

ohhhh I was missing the cayenne part....rollz eyez..

this can't be serious..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've heard that it helps cleanse your liver or kidneys but thats about it.

you heard wrong...your body naturally does that.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/benefits-of-cayenne-pepper/

Warm lemon water with cayenne, just makes it taste good, and it will boost your metabolism if you drink it every day. Don't knock it until you try it. There are also many health benefits that go along with it too.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I put a lemon in my water everyday. I tend to be acidic and it helps with the alkaline. I talked to a dietician for a bladder problem several years ago and she told me this would help, which it has. Most people think lemons are acidic but when your body processes them, they are alkaline. I am not sure about weight loss but they are very beneficial for other things. My brother had trouble getting kidney stones all the time. He started squeezing a lemon in a glass of water each morning and has not had a kidney stone in well over a year.

Ok, rather than head-desk myself into a coma over this...let's pick this line of reasoning apart.

Kidney stones are predominantly a calcium phosphate or calcium oxylate, usually apatite or hydroxyapatite. (Ca5(PO4)3(OH)). These are alkaline mineral deposits. Even if lemon juice somehow, magically became alkaline instead of acidic in your blood stream (which it SO DOES NOT, but whatever, for the sake of the argument, if it did), it would not help break up a kidney stone. You need acid to break the bonds of the common kidney stone. Adding an alkaline substance would only make the kidney stone bigger.

This is why you take tums (calcium carbonate - CaCO3) when you have stomach acid problems, and not a big 'ole glass of lemon juice.
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No, and too much of it is bad for your stomach lining.

And your teeth. It strips the enamel right off of them. No one wants meth teeth from too much lemon water!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like lemon in my water but just because I like the taste :ohwell:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Warm lemon water with cayenne, just makes it taste good, and it will boost your metabolism if you drink it every day. Don't knock it until you try it. There are also many health benefits that go along with it too.

Again NO NO NO. :angry:

and I don't take medical advice from a blog with no references.
  • ndj1979
    Options

knocking it....

so I can eat 1000 calories over maintenance and just drink lemon water and cayenne and I will keep losing weight?
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    do not know if it makes you lose weight, however lemons are high in vitamin c which is beneficial to weight loss. Lemon also helps detoxify the liver, the liver is crucial to weight loss. Lemon in water makes it more alkaline, more easily absorbable bythe body. Nobody on MFP thinks anything can aid weight loss except calories in/out. Lemon may not be the weight loss bullet, can it help...yes.

Now why would you need to detoxify your liver??
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    In, for cheap lemonade later.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    in for lemons!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Does lemon water count as water? :drinker: