Sticking to healthy eating at weekend/un supportive partner

Options
2»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I TOTALLT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. I WONT SAY THAT YOUR BOO IS UNSUPPORTIVE......HE IS JUST STUCK IN OLD HABITS.........WHICH ARE HARD TO BREAK. I AM DEALING WITH THE SAME THING BUT WITH ALL THAT HE DOES TO DETOUR YOU........ITS STILL UP TO US AS TO WHAT WE FEED OURSELVES. THE WEEKEND IS MY PROBLEM AS WELL SO WHAT I AM DOING IS EATING LIGHT FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AND ONLY DRINKING WATER( YOU DONT WANT TO DRINK ANY CALORIES) THEN FOR DINNER YOU SHOULD BE FINE (IN MODERATION).

I DO UNDERSTAND THOUGH ITS HARD.......DURING THE WEEK I AM GOOD.......I ALWAYS HAVE EVERYHING UNDER CONTROL BUT THE MINUTE FRIDAY EVENING COMES THEN OLD HABITS WILL SET IN.........(THE KIDS WANT MCDONALDS......HE WANTS WINGS) THEN THEY ALL LOOK AT ME SIDE WAYS WHEN I SAY ILL HAVE A SALAD OR SOMETHING ALREADY PRE COOKED FOR ME. PLEASE DONT BE DISCOURAGED AND PLEASE DONT THINK YOU ARE ALONE. AND AT SOME POINT THINK OF YOU......... AND WHATS BEST FOR YOU.

Shameka, all caps is shouting... please take off your caps lock.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I TOTALLT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN. I WONT SAY THAT YOUR BOO IS UNSUPPORTIVE......HE IS JUST STUCK IN OLD HABITS.........WHICH ARE HARD TO BREAK. I AM DEALING WITH THE SAME THING BUT WITH ALL THAT HE DOES TO DETOUR YOU........ITS STILL UP TO US AS TO WHAT WE FEED OURSELVES. THE WEEKEND IS MY PROBLEM AS WELL SO WHAT I AM DOING IS EATING LIGHT FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AND ONLY DRINKING WATER( YOU DONT WANT TO DRINK ANY CALORIES) THEN FOR DINNER YOU SHOULD BE FINE (IN MODERATION).

I DO UNDERSTAND THOUGH ITS HARD.......DURING THE WEEK I AM GOOD.......I ALWAYS HAVE EVERYHING UNDER CONTROL BUT THE MINUTE FRIDAY EVENING COMES THEN OLD HABITS WILL SET IN.........(THE KIDS WANT MCDONALDS......HE WANTS WINGS) THEN THEY ALL LOOK AT ME SIDE WAYS WHEN I SAY ILL HAVE A SALAD OR SOMETHING ALREADY PRE COOKED FOR ME. PLEASE DONT BE DISCOURAGED AND PLEASE DONT THINK YOU ARE ALONE. AND AT SOME POINT THINK OF YOU......... AND WHATS BEST FOR YOU.

too-loud1.gif

just enjoy a portion of the food he orders if you want. you dont have to eliminate anything from your diet to be successful. just plan for it and make it fit in your day.
    if you really dont want it, then dont eat it. once he realizes hes wasting money, he'll stop.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Hi

Don't worry, McDonald's brought back wings!
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just say, burn an extra 100 to 200 calories a day during the week in exercise and don't eat it back on those days. Then you still have an extra wiggle room of 500 to 1000 extra calories on the weekend.

I know it goes against what most people in here think to not eat exercise calories back, but it WILL give you a little more wiggle room with the calories on the weekend.

Another idea is cooking a meal before he has the chance to order takeout. Or offering to get the takeout yourself so you have more control over it.

As long as your week is averaging out to your goal, you should be fine. I would honestly just find a way to cut back a few extra calories during the week to make up for it, either through exercise or eating less.

As backwards as it seems, he may be trying to tell you he loves you no matter what size you are and that the weight isn't as big of a deal to him as it is to you. It's your job to control your weight, not his.

You don't have to eat what he brings you, and even things as small as not eating all of it can help. I would just go with it and find ways to control it even through that.
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you replies, I can say 100% my partner is not being nasty or trying to sabotage my dieting. He is just set in his ways ( which used to be both our ways)

He thinks he his being helpful by ordering dinner to save it being cooked which is something we always done. A good talk and we both understand where we stand ;))

Thank you for all your advice and suggestions I will try some off them out