Are you on this list?

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the list. Today is mild...but going back to freezing tomorrow. That's the problem too..it goes frigid to milk to frigid again.

Sat there was a flood at work due to a pipe bursting from the arctic weather Friday night. 4 businesses in the center got affected. I was in over an inch of water that soaked through my boots....and the doors were open with the company sucking the water out of the carpet so it was freezing...for about 4 hours. I now have a cold! Not fun. Pipes are going all over the place because there is just no let up.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bam, #2
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Yay! Finally I'm allowed to complain!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I'm number #3. Oh, wait, that's absolutely nothing to cheer or be excited about. This winter is stinking really bad...:sad: :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Nope, I live in California where it was 68-70 over the weekend. :)

I am moving to #15 this summer...crap!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    #6 so yeah now I have every right to gripe about how cold it is....yaaaaay \m/
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Adding these cities to my 'Avoid Living Near At All Costs' list
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    #12. Detroit. Too cold for even the criminals to go outside. Detroit has never been safer.

:laugh:

Yep, same here!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Living right by #1. It was -15 this morning with wind chills of -45 and it's supposed to be colder tomorrow morning. I'm SO not a fan. It's been below zero almost constantly since before Christmas.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nope! but it is still worth complaining about here in Dallas/Fort Worth TX ! Its 20 one day and 70 the next. I moved from Ft Wayne IN 30 years to get away from the cold!! :drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Living right by #1. It was -15 this morning with wind chills of -45 and it's supposed to be colder tomorrow morning. I'm SO not a fan. It's been below zero almost constantly since before Christmas.

Yep, we were there visiting family right after Christmas.
    Brrr...
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    no, but also in Canada and our temperatures match and go even lower than those listed.

And in Alaska we get even colder then Canada. Fairbanks is way colder then any of the cities listed but did not make the list. They get a month straight of -30 degrees without with windchill. Screw that.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway between Chicago and Indy, so yes. The last arctic blast froze our pipes (even left them dripping). Again today/tonight we are going to see the -30 wind chills.

Most annoying of all of this is that my kid has not had a full week of school in over a month!!! I feel sorry for those single parents or people who have unforgiving bosses. The news just did a story about people losing jobs because they are having to miss so much work due to school delays and closings.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    #6 It's not my hometown, but I live here and I'm complaining..A LOT!! :grumble:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My city didn't make the list. Does that mean I have no right to complain or that I'm just smarter than you?

:laugh:
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just outside of Boston here! :) My town is in what we call the 495(rte) snow belt. We get pelted!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    DC isn't on the list but we've been having a crazy cold snap with the polar vortex. tonight, down to 13 degrees and with windchill, it'll feel like 0.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Nope!

I wish I weren't sick. It's 64 degrees outside today. Tomorrow, the high will be back down to 31.

But 64! In January!
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yup #12.. OVER.THIS.****.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We are not. I am on Northern Wisconsin. -63 degrees with the windchill tonight. It's -37 right now.