Are you on this list?

Options

Replies

• gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Chicago isn't the windy city for no reason!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Our high today was 63. We're definitely not on the list. Lol.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Even if Pittsburgh hadn't made the list, I would still complain about the cold... just because this list suggests that if I don't live in one of these cities that I can't complain about it.

I'm a contrarian.

I also hate the cold.
  • CandiceCandyCane81
    CandiceCandyCane81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm allowed to complain my city is #4 & school is closed for 2 days AGAIN!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Yep. Colorado, but it's 20 degrees here and snowing, not bad right now.

don't listen to her.

winter lasts for 13 months a year in colorado. it's always well below zero and windy and it snows huge amounts. you wouldn't like it here. don't move here! that one time you were in Vail for a ski vacation and the weather was great, was a fluke. colorado is like cleveland in the winter, only 10x worse. i repeat... DO NOT MOVE HERE.

There was a snowstorm when I was in Vail for spring break in like '86 or '87...:tongue:
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Nope!

I wish I weren't sick. It's 64 degrees outside today. Tomorrow, the high will be back down to 31.

But 64! In January!

THIS. My allergies are crazy. In the 60s today and snow tomorrow. I can't handle it.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yep. Colorado, but it's 20 degrees here and snowing, not bad right now.

don't listen to her.

winter lasts for 13 months a year in colorado. it's always well below zero and windy and it snows huge amounts. you wouldn't like it here. don't move here! that one time you were in Vail for a ski vacation and the weather was great, was a fluke. colorado is like cleveland in the winter, only 10x worse. i repeat... DO NOT MOVE HERE.

Hahaha. It's actually 14 months a year :tongue:

Colorado is beautiful! Spring feels like Spring, Summer feels like Summer, Fall (if you even get a Fall, most of the time it skips straight to Winter) Winter seems the longest, coldest I remember was -20, and I was pregnant and still had to go to work. It gets pretty cold here, but apparently not as cold as some of these other places, Could not even handle.
  • CandiceCandyCane81
    CandiceCandyCane81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    #12. Detroit. Too cold for even the criminals to go outside. Detroit has never been safer.

:laugh:

Yep, same here!

:laugh:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    DC isn't on the list but we've been having a crazy cold snap with the polar vortex. tonight, down to 13 degrees and with windchill, it'll feel like 0.

I'd be happy to have it feel like 0.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    #1 basically.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

And fitting, it's a high of like 8 degrees here today. -5 when I went to work this morning.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    #1 and its been deep-freeze for so long that sadly I'm just used to it :/
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    North of Detroit...Still keeping up my workout goals...Getting tough though being cooped up in my office,at home and the gym..need some sun and air.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    no, but also in Canada and our temperatures match and go even lower than those listed.

And in Alaska we get even colder then Canada. Fairbanks is way colder then any of the cities listed but did not make the list. They get a month straight of -30 degrees without with windchill. Screw that.

Interesting the variations in Alaska. Our local weatherman was just saying yesterday that Anchorage has been warmer than Milwaukee most of January. Weird...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Here in Kansas it was 63 yesterday and 16 now!!! WTF!!!

Yeah, that's crazy too.

My daughter lives in Savannah and they're under a winter storm watch.
    But I had to giggle to myself because it's for 1/2 to 2 inches of snow...:wink:

Hey! Georgians can't drive in the rain. Just imagine what happens when it snows!!! :noway:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    well I'm 35 minutes north of Boston and it gets colder here than it does there, so yes
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    # 4 here
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    no, but also in Canada and our temperatures match and go even lower than those listed.

And in Alaska we get even colder then Canada. Fairbanks is way colder then any of the cities listed but did not make the list. They get a month straight of -30 degrees without with windchill. Screw that.

Interesting the variations in Alaska. Our local weatherman was just saying yesterday that Anchorage has been warmer than Milwaukee most of January. Weird...
    fluctuations in the jet stream make it physically impossible for it to be cold in both Alaska and the northern contiguous US at the same time. Has to be one or the other. Hence it's cold here in MN and in WI, and Alaska is warmer than both.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm halfway between Chicago and Indy, so yes. The last arctic blast froze our pipes (even left them dripping). Again today/tonight we are going to see the -30 wind chills.

Most annoying of all of this is that my kid has not had a full week of school in over a month!!! I feel sorry for those single parents or people who have unforgiving bosses. The news just did a story about people losing jobs because they are having to miss so much work due to school delays and closings.

:angry:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Here in Kansas it was 63 yesterday and 16 now!!! WTF!!!

Yeah, that's crazy too.

My daughter lives in Savannah and they're under a winter storm watch.
    But I had to giggle to myself because it's for 1/2 to 2 inches of snow...:wink:

Hey! Georgians can't drive in the rain. Just imagine what happens when it snows!!! :noway:

That's what hubby was saying.
    They aren't geared for winter driving.
    Shoot, we got six inches overnight Saturday and everyone was out driving Sunday morning, even before the plows were out- as usual :smile: