Do you plan to change your look as you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nope, i'm already ridiculously cute.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal and become a MILF again I want to get a sexy tattoo along my side of some colorful stars and tribal or something, once I am confident enough to show that part of my body again to the outside world ;) maybe even a belly button peircing!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If I had money, I would think about getting excess skin removed, because I know I am going to need it :/

Just give it time! You may come out with excess skin, but over the course of a few years, things should shrink up! I've heard at least 2 years tossed around, but I don't know how accurate that is!
  • ceruleanjen
    Options
    I've been toying around with the idea of a pixie cut or blue highlights. Never had a desire to change my hair color, but highlights could be cool.

I might also change my wardrobe.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I wanted to cut my hair after I reached my goal and I finally got around to it a couple weeks ago.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I cut several inches off my hair already. When I hit my goal, I'm probably going even shorter.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Once I'm down to a lean 240lbs, I want a beastly beard.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I'm embracing my internal sense of femininity, and doing things that seemed impractical/superfluous before. (Growing my hair out after six years of short short cuts, wearing makeup because I want to, putting on nicer clothes, etc.) That said, I'm doing it more in tandem with losing weight and less because of it. Like, if I never gain another pound, I still want to be able to feel authentically me, even if its a bit girly.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm growing my hair out, but that's just because I'm lazy.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    240xd8l.jpg

That's me back in 2009 when I initially lost 40lbs... In 2012-2013 the weight creeped back on and now I'm back to having to lose it all over again... Anyways, this is the hair style I'll be gettin' once the scale reads 40lbs lighter! I'll also be getting a foot tattoo of a word, I haven't decided on what word yet.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've changed quite a lot since losing weight.

I maintain my hair at a certain length, something I didn't do when fat.

My wardrobe consists of mostly uniquely colored and/or patterned button-downs, polos, and T-shirts, whereas before it was sweats and hoodies. My pants are more than just loose fitting jeans... I now wear colors (red, blue, green, black, orange, rust...), and the fit is a lot more refined, not baggy. I wear a lot of dressy casual pants like chinos, and slim fitting cargos...

And yes, I've had my teeth whitened. I wear a more jewelry as well (watches, necklaces, rings, etc).

I had one pair of beat up casual shoes... now I have a legion of both shoes, sneakers, and boots, of both casual, fashionable, and dressy varieties. I spend more time picking out the shoe for the outfit than the outfit.

In many ways, I'm not the same person now. I don't feel like that other guy, anyway. My hygiene habits have even improved (from "no habit" to "every day, sometimes twice.")

It's amazing what a ton of self confidence can do for a person.
  • CountryBoyLover81
    Options
    Yes! I plan to change my wardrobe of course and try a shorter hair cut and color. I also plan to get contacts. I used to do those things before but I got depression and stopped taking care of myself so here I am.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    A little bit. I don't dye my hair and I already try to keep my teeth white. I'm growing out my hair to be able to put it in a ponytail, but I cut my own, so a new hairstyle isn't something I'm going to try since I'll probably mess it up really bad. I do plan on changing my wardrobe. I'm hoping to get back down to my own size, but the clothes were from when I was clubbing and partying in college (not too long ago, but long enough!). I plan on buying more ladylike things that are classic with just a bit of flash, rather than the other way around. I've found a few great fashion blogs that really emulate the type of look I'm hoping to go for, so I'm pretty excited to start getting some new things. But I'm also trying to bring other things up to date. I've been tailoring my flare and bootcut jeans into straight and skinnies, recutting some old shirts into new styles, and adding some accessories to bring ahead a few years. I like reusing things. But I do plan on getting some brand spanking new swimsuits! :bigsmile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am pretty happy with my existing style and was always the type to do things (teeth whitening, cosmetics, etc) even at my HW. The only big changes I've made and will continue making are clothing items...for example, I never used to like narrow leg jeans, knee length skirts/shorts, tops and jackets that hit at the waist or top of the hip, etc...and due to weight loss those styles look better on me than my old go-tos like cardigans, long skirts, baggy pants.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna dress like a sloot for a year.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Yup. But it's mostly clothing-related. Now I'm going to wear what I want, instead of whatever fits, and IDGAF if anyone thinks I'm too old to dress like this.
  • kellylee6887
    kellylee6887 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. I absolutely love the hair.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Teeth, hair and everything is fine...I won't change those..I'm going to get new clothes though!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I may cut my hair short and get laser hair removal for super smooth legs, etc. I figure extra motivation to show off my hot bod will be extra motivation to keep my hot bod ;-)
  • harib617
    Options
    I'd like a haircut and highlights as I haven't had my hair done properly for almost five years! Spray tan, teeth whitening and belly button pierced. :)