men... own your height, don't lie about it...

Options

Replies

• moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

At least I'm not fat....
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    6'3
  • CharlieB145
    Options
    I'm 5'4
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP, if you lie you should wear lifts too.

Incidentally, if X is your height (in inches) and Y is the height of the lady of your heart, you can lie by up to (X-Y-2)/2 without her noticing. Semi-serious.

EDIT: I'm 5'8 or 5'9 depending on day and time of day.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Incidentally, if X is your height (in inches) and Y is the height of the lady of your heart, you can lie by up to (X-Y-2)/2 without her noticing. Semi-serious.

you should add an absolute value around your numerator
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

you should add an absolute value around your numerator
    No, but I should add a floor to it all.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Height isn't something I've been lied to about. Weight, for sure. Don't fill out "athletic build" when you're just fat. And don't use photos that are 10 years old. Less picky about the height. I'm tall though, so would prefer a guy that I don't tower over when I wear heels.
    Kinda athletic...
    Photo less than two months...
    6'3" without heals...

How yah doing?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Height isn't something I've been lied to about. Weight, for sure. Don't fill out "athletic build" when you're just fat. And don't use photos that are 10 years old. Less picky about the height. I'm tall though, so would prefer a guy that I don't tower over when I wear heels.
    Kinda athletic...
    6'3" without heals...

How yah doing?

How tall are your heels?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Don't y'all have Skype? Tell whomever you're going out with that you want to Skype first. If they start hedging, then you know.
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    5'11 (and three quarters) butt naked
    I just say 6 foot...
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    ... women will diss you for lying, not for being 5ft5.

Yes they will.

Trust me, its the kiss of death. Growing up i was very short. Thank god im taller than average now.

Any woman that denies the majority of women place huge emphasis on height is simply delusional.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Simple fix- join a dating site with height filter. Short guys profiles won't even show up in your feed.

They will if they're lying about their height.

I agree that it seems pointless to lie about something that will be immediately obvious if you ever meet. I know people lie about their age and body type, but that's usually a self-delusion issue ("I still look young" or "I carry my weight well") but height is not a perception issue. So either they don't really plan on meeting, or they think once you meet them you'll be so enthralled that you won't care...?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of everybody just telling the truth - height, weight, age, etc. That way, when you meet, there are no surprises. Why lie? It's going to be obvious and then the person is gonna wonder what else you've been lying about...people who play games piss me off.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Kinda athletic...
    6'3" without heals...

How yah doing?

6'3" is perfect. I could wear stilettos and still not be taller. ;)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having preferences when it comes to height. Men have preferences, too. I've heard guys say they'd never date a woman my height (I'm 5'0). I don't care. There are plenty of men who dig short chicks. Besides, I'm awesome enough to compensate for being vertically challenged.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I said I was 5'8" (from a doctor report) until I was 44 and measured shorter. Maybe I shrunk?
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    Wow, does this thread make me feel like an Untermensch in Nazi Germany much?
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Limiting your man selection by excluding anyone short really does leave you with a much worse chance of finding a good guy for you, statistically. I'm 5'8, my boyfriend's 5'6. We look adorable.

Oh and a guy's height doesn't always correlate to foot size. Just throwing that out there. :wink:
  • moya_rargh
    Options
    Limiting your man selection by excluding anyone short really does leave you with a much worse chance of finding a good guy for you, statistically. I'm 5'8, my boyfriend's 5'6. We look adorable.

Oh and a guy's height doesn't always correlate to foot size. Just throwing that out there. :wink:

Especially when you consider that only 14% of men (in the US) are over 6ft. Obviously, one is some kind of amazing to rate themselves better than 86% of the population. :wink:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity I just measured myself since I'm in my late 40's and haven't measured my height in many years. I'm down half an inch!

A quick google search confirms that men shrink on average 1" and women 2" from ages 30 to 70 (and then another inch from age 70 to 80). I guess I should be glad it's only half an inch. <_<

I can't speak for all women, but the main reason I don't like to date guys more than an inch or so shorter than me is because I don't like feeling like a hulking giant next to them. I accept the blame there - if I were more dainty of size, it wouldn't matter. I'm always surprised at 5' tall, 90 lb women who won't date under 6'.