Tea drinkers?

Options

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I am a total tea fanatic...and since I'm trying to give up alcohol for the entire year of 2014 I am currently a "tea totaller." :D I love green tea including matcha and buy those directly from Japan. I love the whole ritual of tea and try to slow down at least once/day and enjoy but my busy life usually just leaves me time to quickly add the hot water and get back to what I'm doing. Chai, lots of chai! A local bakery makes this chocolate mint roobios blend that is to die for! I drink lots of herbal teas, ginger teas and lately have started making yogi tea from scratch. I follow ayurveda so I drink lots of herbal blends from that. I also brew my own Kombucha...tea is just so much fun!
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    love tea! my desk at work it full of little pots of green and white teas. also have a few packs of teapigs - favourite of those is the chilli chai :)
    chocolate chai from twinings or whittard is amazing too. and cherry and cinnamon twinings... all so good!
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of tea snob here! I prefer my teas in the loose variety. Golden Monkey is probably my favorite! :)
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Green tea with coconut my absolute favorite!!! I used to drink a lot of black tea but since I discovered green tea I only drink that and water :)
  • PudgyQ
    PudgyQ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lemon Meringue Tea-tastes like Lemon Meringue pie. Perfect for curbing those cravings!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have not met many teas I don't like. Constant Comment is one that is always in our house.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Builders' Tea, loose, brewed in a teapot.

Early Grey for special occasions.
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I adore tea :) I have a decent collection in my cupboard, mostly black tea varieties since I don't like the fruity once.
    I have (all Lipton): - Russian Earl Grey (earl grey with a hint more citrus)
    - Orange Jaipur
    - Ceylon
    - Full english breakfast
    - Yellow label
    I also have a really nice herbal mix, that takes care of your intestines; it has fennel, mint and nettle.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I pretty much drink all sorts of tea. I try to keep away from caffeine as much as possible, so black teas i have rarel, except for the Tea Pigs chocolate tea which gives the tea a smooth flavour. Green, Jasmine, all types of mint, sleepy teas, ginger teas. Some of the yogi teas are a little too exotic but I love the quotes on the labels.
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey my favourite, but now that I do not take sugar it tastes funny...so now only coffee. :-(
  • Nicolemac36
    Nicolemac36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    YES! David's Tea
    Currently I drink these flavours daily :)
    Red my Lips -Black Tea chocolate flavour
    Birthday Cake -Sweet Tea
    Cha Cha Chai- a green and white tea
    Chocolate Chili Chai
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Pukka Peppermint, Pukka Ginger.
    I make a 'tea' concoction in my little tea pot using frozen grated ginger, mashed hot pepper, grated turmeric and dried rosemary.
    I also like mint and chamomile together with a splash of peppermint extract.
    Green tea chai with extra cinnamon and nutmeg.
  • scampy_paws2012
    scampy_paws2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love tea too! I mostly prefer chai teas like double spiced chai, cinnamon spiced chai and for Christmas I found a Holiday chai. I also like a ginger tea and I had found a loose tea at our local bulk barn that was a green tea with ginger and turmeric . it was very tasty. I also still love a cup of steeped orange pekoe tea with a dash of milk. Happy sipping all you tea lovers !
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    I only drink tea. Even decaf coffee gives me a headache and stomach trouble. And any amount of caffeine during the day messes with my sleep. So it's decaf green tea (I like Trader Joes brand best) most mornings, peppermint or Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime in the evenings. I haven't branched out to more expensive teas yet; I got hooked on Celestial Seasonings Zinger and Peppermint when I was in college!

Trader Joes has a seasonal Candy Cane green tea (decaf) that I like well enough, but the peppermint is not very strong with one bag, and too strong with two bags! I won't be buying it again after I use it up.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    PG tips brewed for 5 minutes (don't rush it and start squeezing the bag) with plenty of milk and sugar (although I've started having sweetener), 4+ mugs a day usually, can't beat it. ;P
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I honestly never drank tea until I cut out soda at the New Year this year. Now, I brew my own iced green tea with a little bit of honey. I brew it at night and let it sit in the refrigerator so it's ready to go for the day. I usually drink a whole pitcher in a day. I'm new to tea, but I'm amazed by all the different varieties! It's great for when I'm craving something sweet (which usually happens at night before bed), and helps me feel calm and happy before bedtime :)
  • JaneMangat
    Options
    I've been a tea drinker - regular black Tetley for 50 years. For New Years I decided to finally go sugar free and have slowly reduced my spoonful of sugar to 0 this week. I'm also now decaf and the Tetley decaf has now grown on me. My favorite flavoured tea is Celestial Bengal Spice, decaf and herbal with natural sweetness and no calories. I could drink it all day. Can't start my day without my cup of tea.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    When my stomach is upset, nothing beats Lemon Lift black tea. Something about it settles my stomach like nothing else.

Otherwise I like the stronger herbal teas like blood orange. I like to brew a bag in a quarter cup of hot water in a glass, then add ice cubes to the top. They melt and make a nice single-serving iced tea.
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I love green, black and white teas! I prefer mine fruity and simple, so I tend to purchase the Lypton pyramids from the grocery store. At any given time there is 3-4 boxes of all different flavors!! :drinker:
  • firepxy
    firepxy Posts: 13
    Options
    I love tea, tho I currently gave up caffeine so I haven't been drinking near as much as I used to.

I love twinings. That is my favorite brand.

Decaffeinated Earl Grey Tea
    Decaffeinated Irish Breakfast Blend

Chai Tea
    Raspberry Tea
    Green Tea (but cold)

and I've tried several others but these are the tops for me. I don't even put sugar in my tea hot or cold. Sometimes with my Earl Grey I'll put a little honey in it, or milk.