Women... What is your idea of a great first date?

Options
bigbarnold
bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
Well?

Replies

• FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think going out to eat is horribly awkward for a first date. I'd say something outdoors, or grab a coffee and go on a walk. Nothing too fancy or awkward there!
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I think going out to eat is horribly awkward for a first date. I'd say something outdoors, or grab a coffee and go on a walk. Nothing too fancy or awkward there!

I'm with Selly...no restaurants! But I would have a hard time stating what I would like...haven't been on a "first date" in approx. 16 years.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Getting a second date......of course!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Take me to a game. Red Sox especially. Bruins and Pats too. Awesome date! Also love little quiet pubs where we can chat and get to know each other better. Would prefer not a movie or a loud bar.

Also very much enjoyed a date with a personal trainer at the gym. Probably not what a typical girl likes though.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Take me to a game. Red Sox especially. Bruins and Pats too. Awesome date! Also love little quiet pubs where we can chat and get to know each other better. Would prefer not a movie or a loud bar.

Ooooh, I like this..but it would be a hockey game for me! Beers & massive energy..yep, I would remember that date!
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Getting a second date......of course!

Sorry for chiming in on this one. Couldn't resist. LOL!

Carry on
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Go play something, Mimi golf, pool......

Go somewhere fun. Fair, bouncy houses, amusement park......

Go somewhere you know and have pick nick, hiking where you used to play as a child and sharing memories is a great way to get to know someone.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    A long hike... as long as he's not a rapist.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Lust at first sight which later leads to marriage. That's what happened with my husband <3
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A great first date I once went on.. I met the guy in his college town. We went out to dinner, not a fancy place, but a craft beer type place with a friendly atmosphere. Walked to the local park from there where they show movies in the summer on a big screen. He brought a blanket and we just hung out and watched the movie, but we could talk because we weren't in a theater or anything. It was nice!!
  • ameliapond13
    ameliapond13 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Do people even date anymore?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Going out for coffee.

I like coffee.
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    I agree! Almost no one would eat "normally" on a first date. Plus going for a walk there would be no chairs to get hit with!:laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Trail riding with a fellow horse person.
    Absolute NO's; sports events of any type, bars. I never go to either.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do/go to any of the following places

Tour of a brewery
    Play pool, foosball, giant Jenga
    To a sports game (just no basketball)
    A bar
    Ice skating
    A place with go-carts and video games
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    hiking! or maybe mini-golfing or something where you don't have to make forced conversation (no dinners as many said) also no movie.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Going for a run/hike or to a sporting event because I thoroughly enjoy going to pro sports!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Staying at home and watching TV series.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Trail riding with a fellow horse person.
    Absolute no's; sports events of any type, bars. I never go to either.

Horse person?

2h7o01i.jpg
  • anniegirl93
    Options
    Agree with the no restaurant rule! Walking around downtown, getting to know each other, then something fun and maybe competitive like mini golf, bowling, or even go carts!!