Last physical CD you ever bought.

Options

Replies

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Joe Bonamassa; Live at the Vienna Opera House

This, I think. I buy Bonamassa on CD as I think it gets him a little more $$ and I like to be supportive. Other than that, only digital for last ~5 years.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    People In Planes- As Far As the Eye Can See

I miss this band.
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lecrae - Church Clothes Vol. 2 <
    Awesome! :happy:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Wow.... good question! I'm fairly certain it was a TSO CD that I got for my wife about 5 years ago.
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    I support a lot of local music and local artists, as well as smaller, non-commerical or unsigned touring artists that often only have physical cd's, so I still purchase physical cd's on a regular basis when I see a great live show and want to support the artists. :-)
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it was Discovery by Daft Punk. Still one of my favourites.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Rasputina's Oh Perilous World CD when it came out in 2007
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm another who likes a physical copy for the liner notes and to play in my too-old-to-be-cool car. Last I bought was The Ceremonies' EP at a show a few weeks ago. Last full length I bought was Avicii's True for my music obsessed 7 year old, and the last full length for myself was probably Glasvegas's Later When the TV Turns to Static.
  • Blackthorne82
    Options
    I still by CD's as presents but haven't bought myself anything on CD since 2012 and that was Oomph! - Des Wahnsinns fette Beute.
    There hasn't been anything that's made me think 'wow I gotta that on CD' for ages.

I do have thousands of songs as MP3 on my lappy though I prefer the sound on CD, I don't know if it's just me but mp3's seem to be lacking something. Plus, I like having the physical copy and can always make a backup onto my lappy as a 'just in case'. It's the same with DVD's / blu rays. That's why it's a bit cramped in here I have 7 tall DVD / CD towers and soon will be needing an 8th hehe.

I still got a stack of vinyl's some were my parents others I've bought myself though no record player anymore it broke. I'll fork out for another at some point.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I bought Ivan Julian's The Naked Flame from him last time he was here - In fact Gigs are where I am most likely to buy a CD, though I'd rather buy the Vinyl if they have it with them and almost all music I buy I buy on Vinyl (most come with Digital download codes so I can listen in the car/ipod/work stereo
    If no Vinyl is available I will buy the CD and rip it for convenience but play it physically when using my good system (I sold audio for a long time and have been involved with music my entire life I'm really fussy about sound despite having done my best to destroy my hearing over the years. I also don't download without buying - I own 6000 + Albums on Vinyl and 4000+ Cds at last count with little duplication (maybe 6-700 titles) between the 2
  • eddiesmith1
    Options
    I support a lot of local music and local artists, as well as smaller, non-commerical or unsigned touring artists that often only have physical cd's, so I still purchase physical cd's on a regular basis when I see a great live show and want to support the artists. :-)

You're a hero :smile: :wink: :bigsmile:
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Florida Georgia Line about a year ago. Great CD, good enough for it to "disappear" from my jeep :mad:
  • eddiesmith1
    Options

I do have thousands of songs as MP3 on my lappy though I prefer the sound on CD, I don't know if it's just me but mp3's seem to be lacking something.

they are lacking something - in fact they are lacking a lot and the better the stereo the more you will notice it. I still play MP3 even on my good stereo but only as a background thing
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Imagine Dragons - latest release - Fall 2013
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    about a month ago, the "Frozen" movie soundtrack.
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Avicii-True
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Motion City Soundtrack
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    CDs are still relevant.

Signed,
    Phone Books

I can't even remember the last time I had to pay for music - of course I work at a radio station.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Bought my dad a Toby Keith CD for Christmas '12.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What's a CD? Old people pfft :huh: :laugh:

young people, please stop taking pictures of your cleavage and buttocks and posting as your profile pic. it reeks of the wrong kind of attention seeking.
    ......I thought as long as we were posting our opinion....???? pfffttt.