What to drink besides water?

Options
I don't want to "drink my calories" especially since I only get 1200 per day. I need something else besides water to drink maybe once per day. I'm also trying to avoid artificial sweeteners. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Coffee. It's the only thing I can think of that doesn't have artificial sweeteners and has a relatively low amount of calories, even if you add creamer. I use the crystal light flavor packs in my water to give me different flavors, but it does have artificial sweeteners. Any reason you're trying to avoid them?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You don't want to drink them....but then ask what you can drink, eh?

With only 1200 to consume I'd stick with water
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and sometimes tea
  • girl6_nyc
    Options
    1 cup of coffee, tea & iced tea
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    coffee
    tea
    flavoured vitamin waters (not sure if they are sweetened or not but I buy them for my dad he was sick recently)

I drink my coffee black with no sugar and it is still 9 cals so i log it
  • boilermaker6
    boilermaker6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Tea are daily for me as well.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Tea! Jasmine white tea is divine, and jasmine green tea is pretty special, too. It's worth it to buy a diffuser and fresh, loose-leaf tea.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Coffee and tea.
  • Overcomer68
    Overcomer68 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Herbal Tea.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I go with green tea! I love the starbucks iced green tea unsweetend. It has mint and lemongrass in it. So yum
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like to add some lemon or lime juice to my water to give it extra flavor... Then there are also some no calorie syrups that you can use to add flavor to water...
    Besides that I like herbal tea (without caffeine), decaf coffee and diet soda (only occasionally).

Edit:
    I just read that you try to avoid artificial sweeteners. Then the no calorie flavor enhancers will not be the thing you are looking for.
    My suggestion would be water + lemon / lime juice or herbal tea.
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    More water.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    coffee.
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you could drink Tea (unsweetened) you could even juice a mixture of fruits and vegetables... but really why would you do that when you can drink WATER!!!!! Sorry this is coming from somone who LOVES water, but if you don't love it then put lemon slices in it put orange slices in it, put frozen raspberries in it... just drink the water.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Diet soda
    Tea
  • jmht345
    jmht345 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Rooibos tea

Sparkling water with a twist of citrus

Plain water with frozen fruit or veggie "ice" cubes
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What about soda water/seltzer?
  • puccagirl77
    puccagirl77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There are many brands of naturally flavored seltzer with no artificial sweeteners and 0 calories. It may take a little getting used to because it is not sweet. It has replaced soda in our house.
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I put a NUUNs tab in every other bottle or glass of water I drink. Gives it a slight flavor and replaces electrolytes. Of course I run alot so electrolytes are a bit more important for me. The Fruit Punch NUUNs are the ones I like, but they come in other flavors.
  • tianaclark
    tianaclark Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try Kombucha! IT is filled with probiotics for a healthy gut and very low calories. My favorite is GT's trilogy! Oh and is tea is great choice as well, if you want a little sweetness add some stevia! You can make a big batch and out in the fridge to cool if you prefer it cold. La croix has some great flavored soda waters too!