What to drink besides water?

Options

Replies

• lilhotteestar
    Options
    I like adding fruits to my water. My favorite is apple/cinnamon. Slice a few apples and add in a cinnamon sitck or two to a pitcher of water. YUM!

I also like Orange/Lemon/Lime and mint mixture. Cucumber is refreshing, too.

Google fruit water recipes and you'll probably find a lot of different combos.

This adds a tad bit of flavor, not overwhelming, and doesn't add a lot of calories/sugar :)
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Any of the fruity teas - iced, then mixed with sparkling water. Light and refreshing!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    i enjoy the odd coke zero, green tea and of course lots of water. If i am feeling a bit peckish then a mug of miso seems to help.
  • nstuart79
    Options
    You could drink fruit infused waters. I am currently drinking water with cucumber, mint, and lemon, it's surprisingly refreshing! You could also do it with strawberries, watermelon, oranges, etc.
  • maralynn730
    maralynn730 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! So I've been hearing lately how artificial sweeteners are bad for you...read The Skinny Rules and Bob says nothing artificial...which is a bit much I think, but didn't know about things like Crystal Lite, etc.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Infused water. I get a large mason jar and add lemon slices and sliced strawberries. So delicious.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Green tea is supposed to accelerate fat burning. I don't make my tea with piping hot water like most people do. I use 2/3 hot water and 1/3 tap water. There are many varieties of tea and it's really cheap if you make it yourself.
  • Bluskyleilu
    Options
    Sticking with water, you can always add fruits and vegetables- Cucumber (peeled) and Lemon, Slices of Orange, Sliced Strawberries, fresh mint. . . pretty much anything you like. Also, herbal teas.

I stay away from anything artificial as much as possible. if it's artificial than its chemicals. . . . I just don't prefer that.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nothing new here. Coffee, tea, or soda water. Unsweetened almond milk doesn't pack too much of a caloric punch (personal preference; I think cow milk tastes icky-poo).

I know it works for some folks, but 1200 calories/day is really pretty low, and I say that as a towering 5'3" 38yo woman. If that's the way you want to go, knock yourself out, but it may be worth considering whether your goals are too aggressive.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I always have 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of green tea every day. I'm having 1200 kcals net at the moment either, even if I don't plan to go on like this for much longer, I need to lose 4 other kgs. Anyway when I want to I can always have a coke, just not that often. And I love milk and orange juices, just find the ones that don't have so many calories and put your cereals or biscuits in it, so that it's not calories wasted drinking!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings herbal teas. I love the Apple Cinnamon Spice, Lemon Zinger, and Honey Vanilla Chamomile. Zero calories (I don't add sweetener, I like to taste the tea, not the sugar or honey), good taste, you can drink it hot on a cold morning (or evening, for the chamomile) or iced on a warm day.

I also drink Crystal Light and one diet coke a day, but those have the artificial sweetener. IMHO, a little bit won't hurt.
  • realarge1
    Options
    I drink tea, mineral water, 0 cal flavored waters and sometimes a diet soda and my morning cup of coffee. But I like to start my day with a big glass or bottle of cold water
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    kool aid!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't want to "drink my calories" especially since I only get 1200 per day. I need something else besides water to drink maybe once per day. I'm also trying to avoid artificial sweeteners. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Coffee of tea with no sweetener or milk/cream, I guess.

You'e either going to have to have water, something with calories or something with artificial sweeteners.

If you're just looking for something with some taste, though, try adding lemon, lime, orange or a cucumber slice to a glass of water.
  • chankanaab07
    chankanaab07 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Another one on the coffee and tea train here. Black coffee, green tea. The older and healthier I get, the less I like all the sweet additives, so that helps :) It's fun to experiment with different tea flavors. I'm currently digging Lipton's red gogi & raspberry green tea.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Crystal lite or flavored carbonated waters....and beer
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I drink 150 calories a day in the form of either a Cherry Coke or a Pepsi, I just know that I can't cut that out and I deal with those calories. That being said, I also LOOOOVE water so I have no issues drinking half of my weight in ounces a day.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! So I've been hearing lately how artificial sweeteners are bad for you...read The Skinny Rules and Bob says nothing artificial...which is a bit much I think, but didn't know about things like Crystal Lite, etc.

There's nothing about artificial sweeteners that is going to keep you from losing weight, unless the sweet taste makes you want more sweet stuff.

I'd suggest upping your calories to a little more than 1200, or at least working out so you can eat more calories. Eventually you will probably want something besides water, coffee, or tea.
  • wonderbolt_in_training
    Options
    Seltzer! Always seltzer!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea (lemon is fine, but no sweeteners). If you like cream you might try Almond Milk, which is very low calorie.

Water with chopped fruit or a splash of fruit juice is really low calorie and adds a bit of flavor.