• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Hello is a severely over used word
    Hello.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Hello is a severely over used word
    Hello.

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

lol :laugh:
  • I'm not sure if this is true for anyone else, but there are words now that as soon as I hear them it makes me instantly discredit the person talking about them or the product they are using to sell, without even giving it a chance unfortunately. Some of these words are Green, Detox, Toxins, Organic. To me these are just some examples of words that people use with either not knowing the meaning of, or just used as a way to sell something without any proof that it is actually true. I was just wondering if anybody else had words like this?

"free-roaming cows", "free-roaming chickens"... words/phrases used to describe animals which are slaughtered... but treated nicely before they are killed. *facepalm* this really annoys me... these claims are relatively [un]monitored and sometimes fabricated... i think it pathetic for a consumer to think, "okay, i'll buy this product because i want to sleep at night". i mean... wow, what a lovely well thought-out, empty gesture... your food is a carcass which has been killed just for you. please don't pretend to care.

sounds harsh. i'm mean lol. sorry about that.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 192 Member
    Sensuous, as in sensuous up, can you get me a beer!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    LOL I'm sorry cream the toilet??? LOL

f6e8729ae47b8a7762b11f1f5d00c3d6.png

I am laughing so hard.... my stomach.....can't stop laughing...**** abdominal workouts. I'll just look for your posts.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I hate the word ruined. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    "Love" it has lost its meaning.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    "healthy"

this adjective is so often used in an "unhealthy" way on this site and in the fitness media that it makes me stabby to hear it.

e.g., "i need to eat more healthy." or "i only eat healthy foods."

also, the phrase "clean eating" bothers me for the same reason.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Science and Trainer
  • As yet the only word that has been ruined for me is 'moist'.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    List of words/phrases that make me twitchy:

Journey
    Cauliflower
    Toxins
    Cleanse
    Enema
    hater
    Jealous
    WTG
    organic
    clean eating
    loose in place of lose
    Sabotage
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Clean Eating. Whenever I eat it's always wet and messy. :smokin:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

For Pete's sake stop screaming YOLO! you simpletons!!!

The next person who says they have haters I'm going to ask for proof! Maybe they don't hate you, maybe you use stupid words!

If one *more person says "tolerance" when they really mean acceptance I'm going to grab a 1885 Merriam-Webster dictionary, cut out the two words, put one in each hand and staple it as a quick reference so they learn the difference!

I LOL'd. Literally. :wink:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    ok..

Journey
    Toxins
    Cleanse
    hater
    clean eating
    loose in place of lose
    Bullying - cause it's rarely used regarding actual bullying.
    Irregardless
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Stack/stacker. My fiance was on a bowling team and one dude was telling the guys about how for his birthday his girlfriend gave him a "stacker". Stacked woo-hoos. Her and her friend. Ewwww. Applebee's had a promotion a while back and on the commercial they were like "Stacked, Stuffed, Topped" and I wanted to vomit. All I could picture every time the commercial came on and it was on a lot, was that dude doin' a stacker...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Yeah I would to kick start my metabolism with some raspberry ketones, and while detoxin all of the toxins from the gluten I had for lunch.

LOL nice.

I don't know how to pronounce raspberry ketones, but I imagine it like "KEY-tones" and I have said it a million times, but to me "The Raspberry Ketones" totally sounds like a 1980s all-girl ska group.

As for the gluten...I do feel for people with legitimate issues with gluten. But I find most often it's a bunch of people who don't really know anything about healthy eating who stand around and say things like "Man, all of us Americans are so fat due to gluten! It's poison!" LMAO

Also gotta agree with those who said "JOURNEY"...MFP has definitely ruined that word for me.

I really don't care for the word " issues " when people are actually talking about problems, as in " health problems ". Issues and problems are not the same....:o).
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    "Needless to say." I had a co-worker who used that expression in almost every conversation. If it's needless to say, don't say it.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    "Full time mum"

As if a woman who has a job is only a part time mum? :noway: I don't know why this annoys me so much, I don't even have any children :laugh:
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    "Disney" and "Vanilla" will never be the same again! :grumble:
  • Basically... I had a professor in college who used it in every other sentence. I had to take three of his classes in 4 years. :huh:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    anything a mra says

and also when someone refers to there partner as daddy

I feel physically ill and its for personal reasons not out of super judgement
  • briendM
    briendM Posts: 8 Member
    "Babysit" - when used by a parent. As in "I have to babysit the kids tonight while my wife is out." It's called PARENTING you bozo. Get with the program!

"Enjoy" - I cringe every time wait staff say "Enjoy!" when they drop your food in front of you. Can't you think of anything else to say? Grrr....

"Awesome sauce" - where did THAT monstrosity come from and why do I find myself saying it?

"This will only pinch a little bit" - When they say this to you every day in the hospital they are LYING.

I'm sure there are more.... but this will do for now. :)