I'm sold on getting FITBIT????

Options
2»

Replies

• urbanplum
    urbanplum Posts: 188
    Options
    This was just my personal experience, but I had a FitBit One, and it broke in less than two months. I always used the holder/clip that came with it, and clipped it to my bra BUT the little sensors inside of the FitBit that charged it, fell out. Back to Best Buy it went.
  • lisa2478
    lisa2478 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at buying the Fitbit One as I live in a maisonette so this would measure all the stairs I use on a daily basis!! Only thing stopping me is that I'm worried that I will eat more if I can see the calories I am burning just by walking about. I've seen the food diaries of Fitbit users and they seem to have a lot of calories left at the end of the day! Also, what do people think about the sleep tracker??
  • r_jen
    r_jen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit that you wear like a bracelet...To be honest I don't use it (it only shows the amount of steps you take, and not calories burned)...I would recommend a heart rate monitor. I have a polar F4 and love it ....If you get a heart rate monitor make sure you get one that has the strap around the chest.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit that you wear like a bracelet...To be honest I don't use it (it only shows the amount of steps you take, and not calories burned)...I would recommend a heart rate monitor. I have a polar F4 and love it ....If you get a heart rate monitor make sure you get one that has the strap around the chest.
    You can change the Flex to show your % progress toward a calorie goal instead of a steps goal, if you want. Or you can see your calorie estimate on your dashboard or phone, if it's compatible.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bought the Force and I'm a fan of it. It's not obvious what it is to someone who hasn't researched it. The display is dark unless you push the button to see stats so it just looks like a watch or bracelet. I like that I have the time on it and I can check up on my stats during the day. You do have to take it off to shower but that's a good time to charge it.

My friend has the One and she really likes it because it has all the same stats as mine but she hates wearing watches. The only disadvantage for her is that if she wants to see how she's doing she has to dig in her shirt to get it (clipped to the bra) which can be a little awkward in public.

We've both been really happy with them.
  • ChadiusCarter
    ChadiusCarter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally. I like this: http://www.bodymedia.com/?whence=

It is really good. :)