What the hell was i thinking???

Options
To start insanity and p90x a week after i stopped smoking, kicking a alcohol addiction, on my heaviest weight and worst stamina ever.

Doing insanity before going to work, 12 hours later i am back, make diner wait an hour and then do p90x, my whole body hurts im tired and swearing the whole exercise.

But kinda tired of some comments people made over the years and especialy from a few friends this year, hah, this all is sucking and hurting and cost alot of energy but i'll show them!!

Don't know why i post this just wanted to get something out of my system.

WHoeaaaaaaaaaaa

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    To start insanity and p90x a week after i stopped smoking, kicking a alcohol addiction, on my heaviest weight and worst stamina ever.

Doing insanity before going to work, 12 hours later i am back, make diner wait an hour and then do p90x, my whole body hurts im tired and swearing the whole exercise.

But kinda tired of some comments people made over the years and especialy from a few friends this year, hah, this all is sucking and hurting and cost alot of energy but i'll show them!!

Don't know why i post this just wanted to get something out of my system.

WHoeaaaaaaaaaaa
    Hang in there, and let your body rest if it needs it, at least for a day.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do one or the other.

I tried Insanity a year ago and didn't last the week. I needed time for my legs to recover and I never got back into it.

Keep at it.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pick one or you'll burn out, they're intense programs.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I commend your determination, but I think Insanity and P90x at the same time for a beginner is overkill. Don't burn yourself out!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Good god dude. Those are both high intensity programs and you're doing them both? I recommend easing into things a little more. Just do one or the other. You accomplished so much already but stopping two bad habits. You're going to burn yourself out.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Pick one or you'll burn out, they're intense programs.

I would have to agree but I admire your determination...figure out which one you like best and do that one:flowerforyou:
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    U are doing a complete overhaul of your life! Good for you!!!!! You are amazing!!!!!

I have no idea about either one of those workouts but I just wanted to stop in and say YOU ROCK and KEEP TRYING! U will get there!!!!
  • destinyd1022
    Options
    Thats good that you do insanity :) I tried it and I was sweating puddles after the first few minutes LoL
    Anyways maybe you could work your way up to both of them and just stick with one right now, you need to give your body a little time to adapt to the workout routine too ^_^
    Hope it works out for you!
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I read in a sociology textbook that swift extreme social change was more effective than trying to implement gradual change. That was in relation to public policy though, so I don't know if that applies to people as individuals. In any case, I think maybe you should just pick one program because in combination with the other things going on in your life, even one program would constitute swift and extreme change.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    :D I will continue, yeah it hurts, yeah it sucks i will take it as far as i can go and if i really really can't take it anymore ill drop one, did i mention i work as a volunteer instructor in a gym here?(havent been physically the perfect example) So i work and workout 2times in the gym also.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    just think that it's not going to get worse.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :D I will continue, yeah it hurts, yeah it sucks i will take it as far as i can go and if i really really can't take it anymore ill drop one, did i mention i work as a volunteer instructor in a gym here?(havent been physically the perfect example) So i work and workout 2times in the gym also.

just out of interest, how much do you eat per day?
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Perfect time to get in the gym and smash whatever exercise you can! keep the mind busy to stay away from the bad addictions and use the excercise to feel awesome! no better high than feeling f*cking awesome after a good workout! replace the bad addiction with an addiction to the gym!! good luck..although im sure you dont need it! humans can do whatever they want if they put their mind to it!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Yeah but i need the gl, have struggled and fallen of the wagon past couple of years due personal issues, addiction and weak mind.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yeah but i need the gl, have struggled and fallen of the wagon past couple of years due personal issues, addiction and weak mind.

Dont let that be a reason to think you need good luck! think of all the reasons as to why you need to do it. any children e.t.c! that's always massive boost for people. Just keep the mind busy i.e exercise. you really can overcome anything if you just fight it. its amazing what you an do if your determined.

Avoid times and places you might be swayed to stray..
    if you feel your slipping stop move away from whatever it is even if its just in another room or for a run or walk
    the only thing in control of your body... is your brain.. and you an control that.. decisions e.t.c make the right ones and you wont fall off the wagon! :)
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I can relate. I've been a recovering alcoholic/addict for 14 years. I only have a few friends that stuck around which was fine. It helps to have like minded people surrounding you or it just won't work. The only suggestion I can offer is take it one day at a time. Much success to you.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am impressed by your determination to change your life! I agree that like minded people are really important. Glad you have a plan.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options

just out of interest, how much do you eat per day?
    To be totally honoust, i am not counting my cals, i did in the past i know quite a bit about but i do everything on autopilot atm, eating alot of veggies, wholegrain products, chickenbreasts, fruit etc, so far i havent been hungry. I will make a log one time but sometimes i cbb with the calculating for example, i have my own salad, its with salmon, lettuce, onion, olive oil and capers, no idea how much that would be.

Thxn all for the comments.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty awesome article on why making a lot of changes at once is tough

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/01/06/how-to-fix-new-years-resolutions/
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i'm impressed, I've tried both and both made me feel like I was dying.. intensity training is not for me.

HOWEVER, please choose just one. You will still see results, but you will have more time to relax and recover from your long day at work. Rest is just as important as exercise! :)