What the hell was i thinking???

Options

Replies

• jbeadleL1C4
    Options
    WOA!! Insanity is too much right now... Start with P90X, as it builds a solid foundation of muscle. It will help with strength, endurance, mobility, etc...

If you are determined to do Insanity, then don't jump yet. Keep both feet on the floor during all the exercises (obviously modify them).

It's awesome that you're motivated, but don't burn yourself out! One step at a time. You can do this... Just remember your body is still in a little bit of a detox mode. And KUDOS TO YOU for kicking the addiction. It's gonna take time and diligence to stay on that track, so jog out of the starting gate instead of sprinting. :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Will have to agree, what the hell were you thinking? You know there's a hybrid right?

http://www.beachbody.com/images/beachbody/en_us/pdf/worksheets/P90X_Insanity_Hybrid_Worksheets.pdf
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's like running. You can't expect to run a marathon (p90x) right away, you gotta ease into it.

Keep doing the P90X, and if you're tired, slow down and do what you can. Every time you do it, you'll be able to do more.

That and take some tylenol ;)
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pick one or you'll burn out, they're intense programs.

Agreed
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Will have to agree, what the hell were you thinking? You know there's a hybrid right?

http://www.beachbody.com/images/beachbody/en_us/pdf/worksheets/P90X_Insanity_Hybrid_Worksheets.pdf

AWESOMENESS! ! I had no idea, thanks for the link I think Im gona try the hybrid!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Those are 2 serious programs! I have completed Insanity and know how tough it is to get through, I don't think I could have coped with another program on top of that!

Just be careful not to over do it and burn out.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Everyday you are headed in the right direction, and they will get better.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, brah! You can't win the race if you aren't in the race!

Wow, I have really been hanging out with the bros from my gym too much. They are good guys, but I am starting to speak like them. lol.
  • abickford82
    Options
    Did Insanity last January through March, and I agree stick with one. May do some weight training a few x a week to help with that muscle tone?
  • wmahunter
    Options
    slow down and take your time. Do it at your pace. If you have not exercised in a long time, only exercise every other day for 20 mins and then increase as you feel like it. No exercise days means rest.
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I say rock both the workouts if you have the energy for it!!
  • ladyliz25
    ladyliz25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of wanting to get there....push yourself, but don't over exert yourself...you'll get there AND show them soon enough!!!!! ":)
  • jerzeygirl619
    jerzeygirl619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on kicking the smoking and drinking. I know how difficult it can be. I"m amazed and inspired by your dedication. Keep it up. Its worth it.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    But kinda tired of some comments people made over the years and especialy from a few friends this year, hah, this all is sucking and hurting and cost alot of energy but i'll show them!!

I like that! Show 'em all!

That's a big part of what motivates me. I like proving all doubters wrong. Since I started I've been getting excellent comments and support from most of my family and friends. This past weekend I got a comment from a family member "just don't throw out your clothing. You'll gain it all back". Rather than letting it bother me, I just add that to the list of people that I want to prove wrong.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Cripes, doubles?
    I did P90X by ITSELF and wanted to die (hah!) so don't feel bad if it's honestly too much work for you. Just do one programme?
  • arossigno
    arossigno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Slow down there!! Start with some walking or a light jog to get a slower start on cardio.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    To start insanity and p90x a week after i stopped smoking, kicking a alcohol addiction, on my heaviest weight and worst stamina ever.

Doing insanity before going to work, 12 hours later i am back, make diner wait an hour and then do p90x, my whole body hurts im tired and swearing the whole exercise.

But kinda tired of some comments people made over the years and especialy from a few friends this year, hah, this all is sucking and hurting and cost alot of energy but i'll show them!!

Don't know why i post this just wanted to get something out of my system.

WHoeaaaaaaaaaaa

You're working out that intensely twice a day? Maybe you should start out exercising once a day then skipping every other day to allow your body to rest and heal that way you'll prevent burnout and injuries. You can always work up to p90x twice a day if that's your goal. After all, fitness is a process . . .
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, OP!!!!!! Insanity is awful- i'm doing it now. Could not imagine trying to do P90x along with it.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hang in there friend! You are finally taking care of yourself and your heart, liver, lungs, joints thank you :)
  • missyfitter
    missyfitter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Keep up the good work!