what do you guys think of just eating fruits and salads?

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i want to do this but what do you guys think?

...ohh and i work in a restaurant so it will be challenge

i think it would make me very sad. :frown:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself "Am I just going to eat fruit and salads the REST OF MY LIFE?" If not, then doing this is just a temporary fix.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I'd probably look at other options... By all means let fruit and salad be a dominating factor in your diet if you'd get some value from that, but add in a bit more variety and protein sources too. If it ends up being restrictive, it'll end up being unappealing - and then it just gets hard.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    i want to do this but what do you guys think?

...ohh and i work in a restaurant so it will be challenge

I think focusing on fruit/vege salads is such a good idea. However, without other food groups, this plan of attack is not the most effective nor healthy means to lose weight.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    1) you would have to live on salad and fruits only, for the rest of your life. If you can not then any weight loss would temporary.
    2) If the diet is temporary then you could fall into the trap of yo-yo dieting.

Better to add your salad to your dinner meal and not eat french fries.
    Better to have salad or veggies at lunch. have small helping of grilled chicken with salad
    Better to add fruit as a snack instead of chips.
    Better to add fruit as a desert with some whip cream.

I like this diet :)
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    it is great if you are a rabbit but humans need protein. You body will eat protein from your organs, Your heart and other vital organs. Look it up. Please.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No, because protein.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm ice-cream salad:

fruitsalad.jpg

Ok now that's a salad I could eat daily!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty boring.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Put some nuts and seeds and beans and whole grains and maybe a little meat on your salads and sure - you'll be fine. Plenty of protein can be found in plant foods.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    It sounds likes it's missing the essential food groups of steak, beer, and bacon
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm ice-cream salad:

fruitsalad.jpg
    If that's protein ice cream, then I am in.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    It sounds like I would constantly be tired... and hungry... and with the weather we are having aint no body got time for all cold foods.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It sounds super lame.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I could eat the bacon salad as shown and the ice cream salad daily (and of course my body would show it unless I ate at a deficit and within macros with both of them). Otherwise, fruits and salads as meal substitutes every once in a while, okay and as addition to meals or as snacks, that's good too. I do like a good steak salad, or even salad with chicken but then again, I make amazing salads and in Las Vegas during the summer actually crave them. For the rest of the year, that kind of diet is unsustainable.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Maybe for 1 meal a day (that in itself is hard sometimes for me), but not for all meals and not everyday. It is just not sustainable.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just fruit and salad? It's not a balanced diet. It's not healthy. You also need protein, and you need a little bit of fat, and you need starch. Of course you can make healthy or unhealthy choices about where you get your fat and starch and protein. But unless you're a rabbit, just eating fruit and salad isn't healthy. Have a look at this:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Documents/Eatwellplate.pdf
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sounds miserable.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Who ever said "bad day in the toilet"........ I second that big time!
    :drinker: :drinker: