Whats your Diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just try to eat as balanced as I can. I eat more carbs than anything because I work out everyday and twice a day three times a week. Then I have both fat & protein at 25%. I do my best to eat right up to each macronutrient. I focus most on protein because I'm trying to build muscle as well as lose weight. I drink lots of water and try to get my veggies in. Love fruit so I eat at least one per day.
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    Definitely Counting My Calories.
    Drinking At Least 64 Ounces Of Water A Day [I Actually Aim For A Gallon Now But That Can Be Intimidating When First Starting Out]
    No Fast Food
    No Processed Foods
    I'm Vegetarian, So No Meat [For Non Vegetarians I Would Say Lean Meats Of Course]
    Low Fat/No Fat Dairy Products
    Egg Beaters/Egg Whites Only [I Find I Get Sick If I Eat The Egg Yolk Now. Regular Egg beaters Are 99% Egg Whites]
    Lots Of Fresh Fruits And Veggies
    Eating Every 3 Hours, 5 Small Meals [Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner]
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've given up on diets. I've done Jenny Craig a couple of times and had great success but have always stopped a few pounds before reaching goal because of boredom.

For the last 8.5 weeks, I've been using MFP to count calories and I do Turbo Fire workouts 6x per week. In the last 2 weeks I've also added an hour long walk every night (including weekends) and I've been using a Bodybugg to monitor expended calories. I weigh myself everyday to see how I'm doing and, although my official weigh in is on Saturday, as of today I've lost 10.1 lbs.

Other things that work for me:

No soda (I only drink water, although I do have 2 cups of coffee with skim milk each morning)
    Avoiding processed foods
    Eating out rarely
    Eating something every 2.5 - 3 hours
    Egg whites not whole eggs