hello anyone here need to lose a serious amount of weight?

Options
Im new here.. again :P things change when you don't go on your account for a 6 months!

Anyways!
I decided i wasnt going to post here unless i was serious and its been about 2 weeks of my regular routine so i think im pretty confident :)

I need support and friends who also need to lose a serious amount of weight also.
Im 5'10
started at 294
and now at 290 :)
My absolute goal is to get down to 175 before I get married in 2016! :)

Anyone else :)

Replies

• donnasebastian1
    donnasebastian1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im on this jurney also and would like a friend to follow is also close to my weight.. Im 5'4 253.4 lbs I started this at 268.6lbs 3 days ago. Once I stopped all the soda and junk food my body let go of all the water weight I was holding onto...and I lost 15lbs in 3 days!! I still cant believe that still so unreal! Let me know if you want to be friends on here. Oh and my name is Donna.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 50 lbs. just to be "overweight" instead of obese.
  • bakingandbabies
    bakingandbabies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 30lb more to go to be 'overweight' - I'd ideally like to be down about 50lbs total. I've already lost 33lbs since my daughter was born.
  • nyranger38
    nyranger38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iim on Day 3 259 and would like to get to 165. so a serious amount of weight to lose.
    I've joined a gym and am using the treadmill Day 1 & 2 were 35minutes, today 37.

My food plan is no junk (Cake, Candy, Soda, Chips) and the hardest part no eating after dinner.

Good luck!
  • twinmommy7411
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey it was after having my twin boys two years ago. I started at 180 pounds, and with home workouts and eating better I have lost a total of 40 pounds, 30 of those late last year with home workouts with the help and support of a challenge group on facebook. I may not have as much to lose, I would like to lose another 25-30, I am 5'3 and small framed. I have learned a lot through this journey and would love to help motivate and support one another. :)
  • elizabeth_1976
    elizabeth_1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hello im Elizabeth:flowerforyou: , and im new to this as well, and am also on this journey to lose weight, im currently 5'7 and 250, and scared to death of going any higher, iv been fighting the weight battle badly for the last 3 years dew to some medication i was on, helped me gain 50 lb in 2 months, and i haven't been able to lose it, have been trying every thing under the sun, i even have a tread mill and elliptical that i work out on 4 days a week as well as doing some core exercises, i have been faithfully watching calories and working out for this last week and am finding i could realy use some support from friends on here to help as well, so is any one is interested please let me know and maybe we can help each other thanks.
  • Lpaduano17
    Lpaduano17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My name is Lauren. I originally started last year at 275. I am 5'11". I lost 30lbs before my wedding last November, down to 245. After we got married I ended up gaining 10 back. I started my journey here again a little over 2 weeks ago at 255 and have lost 5.5 so far. My first goal weigh is 200 but my ultimate goal is 175. Feel free to add me!!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started two weeks ago as well, started at 239 (just had to look that up - I am more used to metric) and would like to go down to 140-145 which I haven't been for 12 years, that's one pregnancy and childbirth, one emigration, and one each of many other stressful things, ago :) My food plan, if any, is to find a good calorie deficit so it comes off slow but steady, and eat everything in moderation. And hopefully somehow manage to build a sustainable habit so the slimmer me can survive in daily life and around others. It's nice to have a group of friends who are in the same boat :smile:

Ok, finally discovered where the smileys are :blushing: My name is Annie by the way
  • ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Heather! I'm 35 years old, 5'6" tall, and currently weigh roughly 308 lbs. I'd like to get down to 140-ish at some point...so, yeah...I definitely have a serious amount of weight to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend!
  • terrahanne
    Options
    This post is a reply to twinmommy. I am new to this, I must have hit the wrong button.I am also the same height as you and weight when you started, but I believe if you lose more weight now it might be unhealthy. By your picture you look great. Four years ago I weighed 136 pounds and my whole family said I looked too skinny. I wish I just weighed that now.
  • jamiebrown81
    Options
    Hi! I am Jamie! I would love to lose 80-90 lb. (currently 220-225) - I am in it for the long haul this time. Add me!
  • BrittanyJewellSmith
    Options
    Wow. I'm looking at everyone's 200 numbers and saying "Man, I wish!" I'm getting there though.

I'm Jewell. 23-years-old.

I have a whopping 339 staring back at me on the scale.

I've been struggling with my weight my whole life.

I wanted to reach my goal weight before I was married. That was 7 months ago.

I'm down 4 pounds since I put on my Fitbit, bought my Aria, and started using MFP on a day-to-day basis though.

I'm looking for some supportive people to get me down at least half of what the scale reads now.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose around 100lb, currently around 230lb and only 5'1". Fee free to add me.
  • Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've also got about 100 lbs left to lose...maybe more. I'd love to have some more friends! Anyone is free to add me. =)
  • ahende612
    ahende612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starting/Started with very similar stats as yourself. 5'10, 310lbs SW, 298 CW, 210 GW. My goal is be down to 210 by next January. Definitely doable with hard work.
  • BellaBee93
    Options
    Hi, I'm Molly. I used to be good about watching what I eat and exercising but not anymore. I started on here at about 150 and lost a little weight but I haven't kept up with it and have now found myself at 177. My ultimate goal is to get to 125. I am 5'3'' and have 30 pounds to lose just to get to overweight. I am 20, in the land of southern belles, and feel like I am one of the few in my age range that doesn't have the magic young metabolism.

I love myself but I never want to get comfortable with being unhealthy. My whole family struggles with weight and even when we try to lose together we always fail. I don't enjoy being big but I find myself slowly becoming more comfortable with it. I would love to find someone on here that I can check in with everyday and vice versa. My boyfriend and family always say you look fine which is great for my self esteem but not my health. I want someone that I have to spill to when I eat too much chocolate. I want someone who can be critical (not mean) and encouraging when I fall away and that wants someone in their life to serve the same role.

Mostly I want to be proud of myself for my commitment, my health, and of course my body!

If anyone would like to hold me accountable and have me hold them accountable please add/message me!
  • kksoucie
    kksoucie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly and I started a while ago and stopped. This time I started at 316lbs. I am down 5lbs since about 3 weeks ago not even really trying or logging foods until 3 days ago. So officially I am starting at 311lbs and 5'6" tall. I am 32 and have a 2 year old daughter that I want to be there for and be healthy for her and my husband. Thankfully my hubby is super supportive and still assures me he finds me attractive but is excited for me to better my health. I am really hoping to stick with it and have done well for the last 3 days. I am aiming to set real small goals at first and go from there. Good luck all!
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 50 lbs. just to be "overweight" instead of obese.

If it makes you feel better, so do I... And I already got rid of a lil' over 50, lol.
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the couple of SUPER heavyweights around here.

I'm 30, 6'4", and topped out at 458.6lbs a few weeks ago.

I've got 220 pounds total I'd like to lose to begin with. That will take me down to 240, and I'll go from there.

It's doable. I don't care if you're up in the 4's like me or just have thirty pounds to drop. It's all doable if we put the work in.

Feel free to friend me if you need some encouragement!
  • HeidiCCormier
    Options
    I started two weeks ago, I've lost 4 pounds so far. started at 264, currently 260 and my final goal is 175 also. I have no set time to reach that goal, I'm taking it slow, hoping to be down 10 or 15 pounds by the end of March. When that time comes I will set a new short term goal. I joined a women's kickboxing class, which I love, to lose the weight.