hello anyone here need to lose a serious amount of weight?

Options

Replies

• pacmanwaccawacca
    Options
    hi new here also... I am doing my first cut so need to track my macros as best as i can :)
    i like to exercise almost daily any questions on working out don't be shy!!
    My journey start several months ago and i love it and would like to share my new found love. :L
  • deeban92
    Options
    I too have been doing my routine for about two weeks. I'm 5'1 started at 251 pounds. Today I weighed in at 239.5. I need friends in here to keep me motivated and to share ideas on food. I really need to keep my sodium in check. So hard to do. Any suggestions would be great. My goal weight is 120. I have been walking for 30 minutes everyday. I think I need to kick up the pass on that here soon.
  • mahriab1
    mahriab1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm 245 lbs, and would like to lose 100 lbs. Wish everyone the best :flowerforyou:
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Hey, I'm Heather! I'm 35 years old, 5'6" tall, and currently weigh roughly 308 lbs. I'd like to get down to 140-ish at some point...so, yeah...I definitely have a serious amount of weight to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend!

Just call me Weighty Warrior ;-)
    I'm quite a bit older but also 5'6" and weighing 312 lbs (142kg) and would love to be anywhere between 140-150 lbs (63-68kg), although this is negotiable. So we are currently, and hoping to finish, at similar points. My journey actually started at 363lbs (165kg), so yes it's a serious amount of weight!
  • rvrstone
    rvrstone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is day 2 of a second start for me. I lost 40 lbs the first time and gained it all back + some. I hope to stick to it this time and overall lose 120lbs so I am no longer "overweight". I am 5'5" and current 267lbs,
  • chrisbreece
    Options
    Our journey began 3 days ago and I have lost 2 lbs . My husband needs to lose 50lbs and I need 80lbs . We are 52 years old so we move slower than we use to..lol. I would enjoy supporting someone and would love to hear some great ideas in return. Most of you are younger and your bodies work better...eat small portions 5 x's a day and do any exercise and watch the pounds fly off. Do not eat carbs after 4:pm. I gave Up soda all together. Now i'm drinking flavored water...I really like it. I remember loving to run, get up on a horse, dance...I really miss dancing. I WILL dance again. My husband and I want to have many more years together, not convelesanting them. God Bless and prayer works :wink:
    Tina and Chris
  • nainajulka
    nainajulka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What kind of facebook group? I could do with motivation! thanks :)
  • icaniwill56
    Options
    I am currently 242.5 and want to get down to 170. I know it can be done with a made up mind. You can add me as a friend.:smile:
  • tchereej
    tchereej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! So exciting to see everyone's goals! I would say I have a serious amount: 5'8 and started at 250. Down 7 lbs and still have 92 more to go! What an accomplishment it will be when we all get there! It's totally not impossible. There are so many success stories! We got this!
  • weightywarrior
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently 141lbs, this time last year I was closer to 180lbs. I've been dieting and exercising on and off but I'm really trying to lose about 100lbs now. You can add me if you like. The support for both of us would be great :smile:

Please tell me that's a typo, and you're only trying to lose 10 lbs now, and not 100 lbs!
  • janica2333
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and started at 260lbs three and a half weeks later into this and i'm now 254lbs. Looking to lose around 100lbs. Also, I'm looking for some friends on here for supporting eachother and general stuff, so anyone add me if you'd like :)
  • deeban92
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I need friends that are trying to do the same thing. Thank you..
  • TXCruiseGal
    TXCruiseGal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I just celebrated my 50th birthday. I've had a little epiphany or something, because I'm all about the health thing now. I guess having your birthday - and such a milestone one at that! - changes your perspective on a lot of things!

I joined MFP awhile back, but really never got into it. I never had any "friends" and I was haphazard at best at logging my food. Since I never exercises - there was nothing to add there! LOL…

Anyways, I've started doing the whole calorie counting thing, I now go to the gym at least 3 times a week, often times four, AND I'm all about making the right choices. I'm currently weighing in at a lovely 228 pounds, but I'm hoping to be under 200 by the end of May… I have a big trip planned May 23rd so I'm VERY motivated!

Please feel free to add me -- I've sent some friend requests to some of you already. I'm hoping this go-around "takes" with me!

Ann
  • br1twaslyke
    br1twaslyke Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do! Started at 240 pounds 3 weeks ago, down to 218 right now.. I'm 5'4". Trying to lose 100 pounds total, and be 140 by December of this year.. Anyone with similar goals please feel free to add me!
  • cacasey76
    Options
    I need to lose 228 lbs. Is that serious enough?
  • cacasey76
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Thanks for being on here and inspiring me.
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started weighing 380 pounds and have now lost 157 pounds :)
  • mellyr910
    Options
    welcome back! I am also on a long journey of weight loss. right now I weigh 233lbs. I lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks so far. I am not on a crash diet, I am just trying to eat healthier and try to swap out some fast foods and fattening foods for more wholesome foods. every morning I wake up and try to do atleast 25-30 mins of cardio. its not easy, I get super tired and out of breathe within the first 5 minutes but I am pushing through. I hope to meet others who can be a support system on my journey and I am more than willing to offer my support as well :) Good luck everyone!!! we got this!! ;)
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Mindy! I started two years ago at 316 and at my lowest was 225. I gained a few pounds back and currently at 230.2. I'm 5'5" and my current goal is 199, but would like to be 140ish I think. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have lost 115 pds with 52pds to go! You got this!!