Fattest Profession

Options
13»

Replies

• smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would agree that people who have sedentary jobs are the biggest.

I lost 15 pounds going from desk job to bank teller (i was on my feet a lot more) and then gained it all back going back to a desk job and I hate it!

I've found that when I have a job where I'm on my feet most of the day, I have more energy while I'm not at work and it helps me stay active throughout the day. Now that I'm back in a desk job, I'm so worn out and tired at the end of the day from being slumped over a computer that when I go home I have no energy and slump in front of the TV all day.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    RN's. Weird - they should know better!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    RN's. Weird - they should know better!
    Stressful job.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, insurance data entry is wrought with the chubsters.

At least in Sumo wrestling, you are *supposed* to be big. It's honored and revered. I was thinking fat a la not intentional or necessary to the job.

I do agree that a lot of nurses are overweight, but a lot of them aren't too. I think it really depends on if they are a CNA vs something like an RN or RNP. CNAs tend to be more people who get into it because they think taking care of people will be fun, where RNPs are more doctor-like.
  • estrellitamarina22
    Options
    Student.. Yeah, I'm 24/7 hehehe. And yeah, it's the worst job. Work at home, work at the University, work at the clinic... and no money LOL but I like it. Maybe I think the worst time is when I have exams (January, June and July are the worst months because I only have exams) and or I have an anxiety attack with food or I'm nervous and I can't eat anything... hehehe
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options
    I'm a CNA at a local hospital and, yes, there are many overweight RNs. Though, just because they are RNs, doesn't mean they necessarily care about what they are eating or if they engage in physical activity outside of work. Unfortunately, many people go into the nursing field for job security, not because they are health-conscious.

I will admit, though. Since working at the hospital, I have packed on a few pounds which I do believe is due to stress and inconsistently eating meals. I eat breakfast before I go to work (5:00 AM), but sometimes I don't get a lunch/solid meal until 4:00 PM -- because of that, as soon as I get home I want to eat everything in sight.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA at a local hospital and, yes, there are many overweight RNs. Though, just because they are RNs, doesn't mean they necessarily care about what they are eating or if they engage in physical activity outside of work. Unfortunately, many people go into the nursing field for job security, not because they are health-conscious.

I will admit, though. Since working at the hospital, I have packed on a few pounds which I do believe is due to stress and inconsistently eating meals. I eat breakfast before I go to work (5:00 AM), but sometimes I don't get a lunch/solid meal until 4:00 PM -- because of that, as soon as I get home I want to eat everything in sight.

Definitely the long hours and stress.
    I admire all of you RNs :flowerforyou:
  • Tabitha_Faye
    Options

Definitely the long hours and stress.
    I admire all of you RNs :flowerforyou:

:)

It's definitely a hard job!

But, on a side note, I see a lot of overweight semi-truck drivers when I go on road trips. Another hard job; long periods of time away from your family, sitting and driving for long hours, and not always having the best options for meals.