so you accidentally ate over your intake

Options
and its only 8pm!

this happened as my lunch for work was botched so i ate out at taco bell but forgot which food has the least calories (not a whole lot to choose from)

anyways what do you do? you can't just starve yourself till midnight lol

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Make the best choices you can for the rest of the day without sitting around starving yourself.

Plan better tomorrow. Start over fresh. No single day will ruin your diet.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    or borrow two hundred calories from tomorrow(you can even log it on tomorrow)....your body will never know.

promise.
  • nightshutter
    Options
    ^^^^ what she said. There is no reason to starve yourself. A mess up here and there isn't going to ruin everything.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Why don't you catch up on some sleep? Or treat yourself to an evening walk? I am over on my calorie intake for today so I did another 30 minutes of yoga and am going to go for a 4-mile walk. It's not the end of the world if your calorie levels fluctuate from day to day -- that's normal. But if you are like me and just need to keep yourself motivated, the best thing is to just keep moving! :)
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    or borrow two hundred calories from tomorrow(you can even log it on tomorrow)....your body will never know.

promise.
    thanks i'm eating some cereal right now...
  • goku89
    Options
    i can't walk outside i'm in michigan.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    and its only 8pm!

this happened as my lunch for work was botched so i ate out at taco bell but forgot which food has the least calories (not a whole lot to choose from)

i would just eat super low cal, load up on the water, and mentally chastise myself for being an idiot.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Is Michigan a building? j/k
  • goku89
    Options
    its almost midnight not sure how much i'll eat before i sleep
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    and its only 8pm!

i would just eat super low cal, load up on the water, and mentally chastise myself for being an idiot.

Srs? I hope not.
  • goku89
    Options
    university of michigan is...but i'm not there...if i was i'd be running laps i GUESS
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    and its only 8pm!

Srs? I hope not.

i'm totally serious. it serves me right for being an idiot. i won't die from eating low cal lmao. does it offend u, yeah?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    university of michigan is...but i'm not there...if i was i'd be running laps i GUESS
    I hear ya. I live in Ontario and we just got dumped on....14" of snow in 6 hours......
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

poppycock. bundle up and head outside.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    and its only 8pm!

Srs? I hope not.

i'm totally serious. it serves me right for being an idiot. i won't die from eating low cal lmao. does it offend u, yeah?

No it doesn't offend me. There's merit to the idea of just not eating for the evening and learning a lesson from it but the way you phrased it wades in to territory I don't like- which is punishment and restriction after you make a mistake. There's many people that already have messed up relationships with food when they end up on this site and I personally believe pretty strongly that one of the keys to success is building a healthy relationship with food. I don't really like to attach any negative feedback to any choices I make- I prefer the 'learn from the mistake and move on' method.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's 8 degrees here and snow on the ground, but I still went for my walk. Pretty sure it's about the same temperature where you are. Trust me, it'll be cold at first, but it'll encourage you to just walk faster!

Part of working out and being fit is getting outside of your comfort zone. You will be surprised at how much you're actually capable of if you stop telling yourself you can't.
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I 'accidentally' ate over my intake for the whole week , anywhere between 200-800 more than planned

Still am hovering around the same weight, even a little less, no biggie bro! lol

One day is nothing, just don't be like "oh well i went over, screw it" and binge your face off
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Skipping one meal is not starving yourself.
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    No it doesn't offend me. There's merit to the idea of just not eating for the evening and learning a lesson from it but the way you phrased it wades in to territory I don't like- which is punishment and restriction after you make a mistake. There's many people that already have messed up relationships with food when they end up on this site and I personally believe pretty strongly that one of the keys to success is building a healthy relationship with food. I don't really like to attach any negative feedback to any choices I make- I prefer the 'learn from the mistake and move on' method.

QFT

I, being one of those people with messed up relationships with food, give kudos. +1 million
  • serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Damage control! :)

1) Work out to make up for it! Go for a run. If you can't go out, do cardio indoors if you can! Find some workout vids on YouTube and get moving for half an hour or so.

2) Try to make the rest of your meals fairly low-calorie the rest of the day... salads are always a good bet because veggies are like -nothing- and you can have a really generous sized, filling salad without making a big dent calorie-wise. Just make smart choices about the 'extras' you put on it (cheese, seeds and nuts, dressing, etc - good stuff but calorie-dense, so go light on them because they add up fast).