so you accidentally ate over your intake

Options
2»

Replies

• serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also don't beat yourself up about it. An off day here and there probably isn't a huge deal in the long run... just make smart choices, don't beat yourself up (stuff happens!) and get off to a better start in the morning. :) One of my biggest obstacles is dealing with 'bad days' properly. It's really easy for me to get discouraged and give up because I 'failed' and went super over for one reason or another. So the above suggestions are what I am trying to do instead of reacting badly like that. Hope it helps you, too!
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    First, I live in Alaska and walk outside every day.

I overate yesterday. I turned on the kinect and did some dancing :-)

My alternative is to remember that My Fitness Pal resets at midnight, even if I slip up today, I'm going to be there tomorrow fighting for my good health.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Kiss the day away and start again tomorrow. You can drink a ton more water, add some lemon to help clean the gastrointestinal track.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    8 PM? I'd go to bed early and not have to worry about it. But then I get up at 4:30 in the morning so 8:00 isn't too terribly early for me, just a couple of hours before my usual bedtime.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I didn't accidentally go over... I knew it was going to happen... again. I have just been feeling so hungry the past few days but I'm not stressing about it. I'll get back to normal in a few days.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    or borrow two hundred calories from tomorrow(you can even log it on tomorrow)....your body will never know.

promise.
    No offense intended, but what's the point of logging it in tomorrow? To fool yourself that you didn't eat it today? :wink: :smile:

Seriously, OP, don't worry about it. If you go over you go over. It's not the end of the world.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm usually out of calories at 7pm, heck sometimes at 6pm... It's an appropriate time to stop eating... so I don't really get your question.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    8 PM? I'd go to bed early and not have to worry about it. But then I get up at 4:30 in the morning so 8:00 isn't too terribly early for me, just a couple of hours before my usual bedtime.

I was thinking the same. If it is 8 pm, you should probably just go to bed. Brush your teeth so you won't want food so much. I'm not sure what your daily schedule is like (like, if you work night shifts or something), but getting enough rest is important to weight loss, too.
  • Mama_Jaxx
    Mama_Jaxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i can't walk outside i'm in michigan.

I often march/jog in place in front of the TV if I can't go outside for a walk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    i can't walk outside i'm in michigan.

I often march/jog in place in front of the TV if I can't go outside for a walk.

Ditto.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I either strip naked and lie down prone and Flagellate myself with wet Birch twigs or I Just Eat what I normally would and carry on. because I know one day won't destroy weeks months of work
  • nikkiofthelake
    Options
    If I were you, I'd be done eating for the day. 8 PM isn't that early...
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    and its only 8pm!

this happened as my lunch for work was botched so i ate out at taco bell but forgot which food has the least calories (not a whole lot to choose from)

anyways what do you do? you can't just starve yourself till midnight lol

Oddly enough, Taco Bell is a pretty good option if you are going to eat fast food. Try their Fresca menu next time or just regular tacos (even the Doritos tacos). You can easily get 2 tacos for under 400 calories if you research. I know you said you forgot, but just knowing for default times. Sometimes I am on the go and I have to pull through a drive-thru....but I put in my brain the few choices to default to if I dont have time to do the research.

Don't sweat it though, just make the next day that much better!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd be done eating for the day. 8 PM isn't that early...

I am usually closing my diary between 8 and 9PM! I agree!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If you eat over deficit a whole week, and end up at maintenance on average for the whole week, it's still not a biggie! You're still not doing anything unhealthy or bad. If you punish yourself, make yourself believe it's hard and awful and oh god I can't do this... Now that's unhealthy. If you dwell on it so much it makes you drop off the wagon, that's unhealthy.

You're stressing on the hour - does it so happen that you like eating/have an urge to binge in the evening? Then may be try budgeting for it every day and see if that works. I find planning my days in advance helps me a lot, especially if I plan something I always enjoyed eating into them. May be that will help you? But if it was truly accidental - well, I'd say laugh it off and move on!
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Move on. Eat a healthy dinner to get back on track. Losing weight isn't a day to day thing it occurs over the long haul and one meal that is too high isn't going to hurt.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Just plan better tomorrow!

It happens and it's ok too.
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your lunch out! Then log it, have a sensible evening meal and plan well for the rest of the week with your diet and exercise targets
    I don't believe in denying yourself things or beating yourself up afterwards - one meal won't screw up your hard work, guilt is redundant :flowerforyou:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    or borrow two hundred calories from tomorrow(you can even log it on tomorrow)....your body will never know.

promise.
    Well, the body never would have known if you hadn't written it down for the body to read. :grumble:

You'll be fine, OP. Tomorrow is a clean slate. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a sissy compared to you northerners that would go out walking in 7 degree weather... Today, I was watching how warm it would be and if it hit 45, I would go out and walk on my lunch break.