Tattoos you want to get?

Options
I wanna get a tattoo on my ribcage of my old dog's dogtag
He was my best friend since I was 8 years old until I was 19 when he went missing and we never found him
His disappearance really tore me up, on top of some other things I had to take a semester off of school and spent most of that time searching for him.
It was over a year before I could even look at a picture of him without crying, so I really want something from him to be a part of me for the rest of my life

Replies

• ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Aww. :( I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. That just sucks on every level.

My next tattoo, assuming I could ever afford it and find an artist who would be able to do it, would be a fairly large and intricate cover-up on my right arm ... I want to get a collage of horror movie characters (e.g., Freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, etc.). I've been a huge horror movie fan since I was a kid -- literally, I watched 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' when I was about 8 or 9 -- so that would be perfect for me.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    too many to list.....I have so many plans, and when I get another 15-20 pounds off, I'm getting started :) I have ALWAYS wanted them, and had basic plans from about 14 years old that I've just added to over the years. Gonna cost a fortune and take an age, but I'm determined to get there!
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My next one will be on the inside of my wrist - it's going to be the saying "with pain comes strength", which fits perfectly in my life. I have a butterfly on my hip that I would like to get coloured in with the colours from the 5K Run or Dye that I did in September. Just a little way to remember my first 5K.

My husbands next one is going to be celtic turtles on his calf, he's taking one that his dad has on his calf and will add when our children come into our lives (first one due June 1st!)
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have an appt for my next one in a month. My sisters and I are all getting the same one on our foot. Then I'm making an appt for the one I really want which is will be one the back of my neck and a quote going down my spine. I can't wait!!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have my next 2 planned....

The first one is for my sister that passed in June 2013, she was way too young, just days from her 22nd birthday. At her celebration we released baby monarchs, so I'm going to get an anchor (her favorite symbol) with baby monarchs circling. I haven't quite decided where though....

The second one is for my kids, it will be on my left shoulder blade and run across my back to meet my other. For my oldest it will be a pin-up girl, for my son there will be a snake wrapped around her, and for my little one there will be diamonds and stars surrounding the pin-up. Somewhere in each will be their names.

I have a few more I want, but I haven't completely worked out each concept yet.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tigerlily done in watercolor

I love the watercolor tattoos!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    A sugar skull of flowers on my mid spine. Something like this:

flowers-eyes-and-sugar-skull-tattoo.jpg

Then a full side piece that goes from lower hip to armpit, like this, except the flowers will be fuchsia Peruvian orchids, and the face will not be that woman's.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGq1RHtq1vnnc1dMEMlTV2AjGbGgPH49NDiHvqk_aWpGik8jk

I need to draw both so they are exactly what I want, I've started on the one for my back.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I am afraid my skin is unsuitable for tattoos, also i probably regret it in the long run, altough when i watch some shows about it on TV there are some sick awesome tatoos

How is your skin unsuitable?
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    I'm part Danish so I want to get the Danish crest on my calf,
    I used to want it on my back, but people have said for your first tattoo
    its not a good idea.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I hate Tattoos! ;)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    a cow
    a bunch of wild flowers
    a goblin by the artist brian froud
    a fairy by the artist maxine gadd
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I would like to get a full back piece of a peacock. Love the symbolism and they are my favorite.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I have one already but my next 2 will be for my kids.

The first one for my daughter will look roughly like this except the flowers will be a little different. They are gladiolus which is her birth month flower. I just wanted to show the tattoo artist what I had in mind

pic3_zps768e602b.jpg

The second will be for my son who is obsessed with Chica Chica Boom Boom. I will have the coconut tree with his name going up it.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't even begin to explain all the tattoos I want.

For starters though, my next will be laced ribbon up the back of my legs...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    This is the outline. It's my boy's initials. My design:

• mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    a shamrock with 13.1 inside
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I also want one for my daughter maybe a lace bow with her name since she is a major girly girl just don't know location yet
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mine will be a version of the 7 Chakras still undecided of where to put them. :)
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Shoot, thought it said Taco's you want to get.....D amn I'm hungry....:embarassed:
  • Samquentin1
    Samquentin1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine will be a version of the 7 Chakras still undecided of where to put them. :)

Down your spine on your back would look awesome!!