How long was your longest plateau?

Options
13»

Replies

• courtkizer
    courtkizer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you training for IronMan? Maybe your converting your fat into muscles? I see people who often end up gaining a few even when eating under their calorie restriction and exercising everyday. They then look at a before and after picture from a month ago and realize how much more tone they look. Sometimes you put on muscle as faster than you lose weight?

Another option is you are entering your exercises on MFP and they are giving you unrealistic amounts of calories you burned. Do you eat the exercise calories given back with extra food or?

How are you tracking your food? Are you really anal about measuring it on a scale? Did you have food and just google the calories? Or did you break it down and weight it? When you get stuck put yourself on no carbs (no breads/no pasta/no white foods) and stick with chicken and tuna dishes. (if you want to lose weight right now)

If it's been this long, probably should adjust something. But don't worry you are on the right track :-)

If you are below the amount of calories your body is burning, you will lose weight. Period. :-) Cheers!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Two months. I just had to keep reminding myself that at least I wasn't GAINING weight and that I was still 40 lbs down. It was still miserable though.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Everyone is different. I shouldn't comment here since I'm not really 'trying' to loose weight (though I do have a weight loss goal, and am *sorta* working toward it through being accountable for my choices) BUT, the peanut gallery in me insists. I usually 'plateau' for 3 weeks. Every month. And loose anywhere from 1 lb to 6 lbs all in one week. Every month. My body just hangs on to weight, then gives up the ghost that one magical week. :)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    About 4 months.