Xbox or PS4 for 7 year old?

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    WiiU, I love that thing!

PS4 is pure garbage that fanboys push because they are insecure about their choice
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    steam console!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    WiiU, I love that thing!

PS4 is pure garbage that fanboys push because they are insecure about their choice

My five year old sister has a WiiU. She also loves it but I'm looking to upgrade her to something less ridiculous soon.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    He's 7.. What great decisions and grades could he have done to earn $500 toy?

Show me 1 article that states, my child failed school because he/she spent too much time with a book.

I will show you a whole community, that when a child watches too much TV, plays too much video games, etc. .grades drop.
    My son is 6 and he has done lots that would earn a $500 toy in my mind. He cares more about others than himself. He has received all E's on his report card with the exception of one S. He excels in sports as well as academically. For his birthday he has decided (on his own) that he would like donations to the local animal shelter in lieu of gifts. He reads on a much higher grade level and .........wait for it..........he plays video games.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think the point of this post was to be sarcastic and say that he already bought the boat membership and that he isn't getting any of those gaming systems.

Jees people get their panties in a twist so easily.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    How about neigher, How about letting him earn it with Great grades and great decisions.

If you get him into games, you will never get him out of it.

Homework will start to go
    School work will start to go
    staying up very late.. etc.
    My kids love their Xbox and get straight A's. We keep the usage time within reason and make sure they do their homework. Not that difficult.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How about NEITHER. Buy the child a bicycle and send them outside.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Honestly, I think the point of this post was to be sarcastic and say that he already bought the boat membership and that he isn't getting any of those gaming systems.

Jees people get their panties in a twist so easily.

And that's why we're no longer discussing the OP, obviously. What the OP intended and how the thread is playing out are, clearly, vastly different.

So. This thread is about game systems and how they don't ruin kids lives, except in the cases of lack luster parenting. Do you have something to add to the topic?
  • Achrya
    Options
    How about NEITHER. Buy the child a bicycle and send them outside.

Suddenly thankful for the mom I ended up with, who bought me game systems and eventually a computer and never a bike.
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    He asked for a console recommendation, not parenting advice. It's none of our business how he raises his kid.

And PS4 /end thread
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Looking to entertain a 7 year old boy.....

Xbox one - £429 + £40 per game
    PS4 - £389 + £40 games
    Nintendo 3DS - £159 + £20 games
    Local sailing club - £36 per year + £4 boat rental

I'm sure he'll thank me when we're sitting out in the sea in our little 2 man dinghy getting cold and wet.
    I can't wait!

I think Nintendo is better for the little kids.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about gaming. Get him a trampoline and the sailing club. I put my daughter in sailing every summer and she loves it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    He asked for a console recommendation, not parenting advice. It's none of our business how he raises his kid.

And PS4 /end thread

no he didn't. he actually didn't ask for any advice.

he said that he got the sailing club thing.
  • you_this_read_wrong
    Options

And PS4 /end thread

no he didn't. he actually didn't ask for any advice.

he said that he got the sailing club thing.

TOPIC: Xbox or PS4 for 7 year old?

He asked.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    He's 7.. What great decisions and grades could he have done to earn $500 toy?

Show me 1 article that states, my child failed school because he/she spent too much time with a book.

I will show you a whole community, that when a child watches too much TV, plays too much video games, etc. .grades drop.

...waiting
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Neither, for the same price you could get him a basketball hoop in the front yard. I have an Xbox, but I'm an adult, my kids don't use it, and for that matter, neither do I. I wouldn't get a kid a game console of any kind after spending some time with family over Christmas, my nephew is completely addicted, what a waste. There's a 19 year old across the street from me right now who literally spends more than half the day on those things, never had a girlfriend, not very athletic, never had a real job, sounds like a great way to have a 7 year old spend their time. Just this fathers opinion. My dad never bought me the latest game console, at the time I was really upset, now, I thank him for that.

Rigger

Interested in selling it then? My whole family are gamers.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Neither. Get the kid a gaming computer. Effing console people...calling themselves gamers. Please.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    How about neigher, How about letting him earn it with Great grades and great decisions.

If you get him into games, you will never get him out of it.

Homework will start to go
    School work will start to go
    staying up very late.. etc.

happened to me when i was in second grade. got a Nintendo and my grades took a nose dive.

i refuse to buy my goddaughters a Wii.

That's unfortunate that your parents let bad behavior turn into a habit. :ohwell:

ETA: How does one go about getting bad grades in the second grade? Seriously, wtf?
  • whatitd013
    whatitd013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Xbox. Games, entertainment and Xbox Fitness.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I know nothing about gaming. Get him a trampoline and the sailing club. I put my daughter in sailing every summer and she loves it.

Trampolines are dangerous and lead to drug use. :laugh: