Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this a BEER thread.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I went to mythbusters, they suggested this amount is perpetuated by the industry that sells bottled drinks, and that you can count a lot of other things towards water intake. I eat a lot of salad, mainly water, drink tea and coffee. I cut down regular water intake and I'm fine. I drink about 1500ml a day. Thats2 large sport bottles filled from the tap. Plus one more if I go to the gym. Keep it nearby and sip it as you go. Easy.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 gallons or more most days without really putting much thought into it. I must just be a thirsty person.
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    From Livestrong:

Many detoxification diets include the consumption of large amounts of water, ostensibly to help the body "flush out" toxins that are stuck inside. Detox diets may also include supplements intended to help your body eliminate chemicals and heavy metals from food intake. However, according to Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D, for the Mayo Clinic, your kidneys and liver efficiently and effectively remove most ingested toxins. In fact, habitually drinking too much water can actually reduce your kidneys' ability to filter out things that your body can't use, according to Dr. Stanley Goldfarb of the University of Pennsylvania.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Also.... the standard ice cube = 1 oz of water. :)