Eclectic 5-Day Mix Up Club! All Welcome!

Options
124»

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    thanks for the knitting tip! i'll give that a go! my knees get to bother me sometimes too. a couple things i do: anytime i'm doing any kind of cardio, i always make sure i'm landing with 'soft' knees. you're probably already doing that, but if you've never paid attention to it, it really helps. also, you can kind of warm up your knees as follows: stand with your feet nearly touching. bend at the waist and put your hands on your knees. rotate your knees in one direction about 6 or 7 times and then reverse. if i do this before working out, it helps me out a bit.

hamstrings....hmmm....tricky. hip flexors, as follows: in a standing position, cross your right ankle over your left knee. while standing on your left foot, sit back as if in a chair. reverse. this should reach that area and help stretch it out.

glad your conference time is over! and tomorrow is friday, so that always helps! :wink:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Thanks for the stretch idea. I haven't incorporated that one yet. I have really loose joints, so I'm able to contort in all kinds of ways, but stretching just doesn't get to the actual muscle sometimes. I'll try that one soon! I hurt my knee last week by turning around too fast. Something popped and it's been tender ever since. No swelling, so that's good.

I'm so sorry you hurt your ankle! I hope it's doing better today!