HELP! My hubby WANTS MEAT!!

Options
13»

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1400 and 1600 calories a day. When it's a higher calorie dinner, yes, I take those unsatisfying small portions, but I always make sure to include something I can eat a lot of. For example, a veggie that I love with a ton of awesome seasonings or I'll make myself rice and I'll make pasta for my boyfriend. Per serving, the calories are similar, but the quantity of rice is much more satisfying. Rice is surprisingly good with the same sauces/toppings you would put on pasta.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    just give the man a steak ..problem solved...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    What about you OP? Do you like meat? I suggest that you swallow the meat and provide a taco for your husband.

LOLZ …this for realz made me bust out laughing…

I salute you sir...
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Can't get enough of that steak on the grill! Yum!!!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    try rippedrecipes.com
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Salmon, duck, roast pork, pork chops, steaks with garlic butter, crab, lobster. Nothing tastes better than meat and your body needs the protein!!! Meat is healthy and you should enjoy it.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I often do same but different meals. I'll make oven-baked salmon with lemon and he'll have steak and two fried eggs, but we'll both have a salad and veggies. Or we'll make pasta and I'll serve mine before he adds extra meat and such to the sauce. How about meals you make yourself like burgers or tacos? You can keep to calorie friendly fillings and he can go to town.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Not everyone likes this but when I really want the texture of pasta, I have miracle noodles - they have a linguini, angel hair ziti and fettucini style shirataki pasta. I LOVE them, and they are fat free, carb free and gluten free. I have them as part of my evening meals but you can make pasta salads with them too. Have this instead of potato and pasta. Oh they even have a rice too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken and steak are actually pretty low in calories, and have lots protein.

indeed.

OP how are these not a staple in your regular food rotation!!!
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ut out the potatoes and any sugary sauces you are putting on the meat from your portion.

Believe me it is the sides making your cals rocket up without making you full, and making you feel like you only eat a small amount of food.

Just eat more of the red meat itself as the protein will keep you full longer for same amount of cals.

Remember a small amount of fat in a meal such as one spoon full of a cream sauce on the meat, even if its like 200cals will fill you up for 10x longer than 200cals worth of potato or rice.

So you can make him delicious rich creamy sauces and if he wants carb sides for himself and you just have the meat and veg with a small dash of a fat (not sugar) based sauce.

Also try swap it up for fish occasionally. A giant fish steak is only like 350cals if its baked and because it is pure protein will keep you full for as long as a beef steak.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sorry I thought he wanted the "other meat"

I thought so too at first.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with meat! Turkey beast and chicken breast aren't as high in calories as red meat. Make him potatoes and make yourself some veggies.