Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Why would...

How...

But....

Serious back injury. Lifts weights without medical guidance. Feels pain.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love to help I just remember you being needlessly mean and contentious in thread after thread so I can't bring myself to do it this time. Congratulations on finding the joy of resistance training and I wish you good health.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    b0b19c1a75c85eae_tumblr_mnjrzfcROd1sstxpso1_500.xxxlarge.gif
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    As much as I would love to help I just remember you being needlessly mean and contentious in thread after thread so I can't bring myself to do it this time. Congratulations on finding the joy of resistance training and I wish you good health.

NO be the bigger person some of us wish to hear your words of wisdom.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Skully....

everyone knows that the internet can't make a woman a taco lover....

we're born that way.

Lies! That gif JUST made me a taco lover b/c formerly I was only a taco "liker" due to having to hold it and getting my hand/shirt/sleeves/jewelry messy. NOW, with that method I am free to love all teh tah-cos!!!!!!! :love:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Skully....

we're born that way.

LIES!

LOL.....LOLOLOLOL.... Cross my heart...i did not know you wrote LIES when I was writing LIES. Fer realz.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Skully....

we're born that way.

LIES!

LOL.....LOLOLOLOL.... Cross my heart...i did not know you wrote LIES when I was writing LIES. Fer realz.

oh i totes beleev!
    it just means you and i know the troof!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Your back should not hurt after strength training...maybe check out some form videos for the exercises you're doing.

Back injury before even starting anything. Never going to get better even with strength training.

Oh, now I comprendelay. There are "modifications" for yoga and everything else as you may know. Find some for strenght training and also know which moves to avoid. Also, find a PT, (personal trainer or physical therapist) and get at least a session or two to give you a little guidance and confidence. It will be something you can stick to, if it hurts less.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    In.

My head asploded, but I'm in.
    :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

NO be the bigger person some of us wish to hear your words of wisdom.

Oh, he IS the bigger person, buhleive me. Well not really. Let's ask his wife, I don't really know. Still I'd like to beleive he's the bigger person. At least I know his vocab is.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Skully....

we're born that way.

LIES!

oh i totes beleev!

Oh shoot skull, I totally loved hearing your reply but at the same time, kinda sad it broke up my fifthple post.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    In (popcorn ready).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_my4jlkkNZE1qef46ho1_500.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Skully....

we're born that way.

LIES!

oh i totes beleev!

Oh shoot skull, I totally loved hearing your reply but at the same time, kinda sad it broke up my fifthple post.

yeeeeeah sorry about that.
    didnt mean to kill your streak ;)
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    646.gif
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    c91c6932417de6a7_tumblr_mja35bnZUl1rc1qnto1_500.xxxlarge.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Skully....

we're born that way.

LIES!

oh i totes beleev!

yeeeeeah sorry about that.
    didnt mean to kill your streak ;)

I accept YOUR apology. thanks for being quick with it. and also cool in general. or else it would be harder. that's a thing. case in point...
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all the video additions on here. I just wish I was computer savvy enuf to be able to do that.

I just got a kettlebell to do some strength training with that came with a video. I like it, but boy, does it ever kick my *kitten*. Makes me realize just how out of shape I am ... as if I didn't know to begin with. It has 3 weights to it, 5#, 8# and 12# that snap on and off. I think it'll be good for my purposes. I'm realizing it'll be a while before I will even be able to add the next weight on.

Good luck with your training. I REALLY wish I could add a good video here :))
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Your back should not hurt after strength training...maybe check out some form videos for the exercises you're doing.

Back injury before even starting anything. Never going to get better even with strength training.

Okay. Well, then I got nuthin'. I do hope you can find a routine that doesn't exacerbate it.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    tacos?

VMu52a1.gif

GREAT! Now I want a taco!