Replies

• Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    h1F326DB2
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tom Baker (Four) was my first so he will probably always be my favorite. Peter Davidson (Five) was dreamy but a little too moody. Nine, whose name I forget, was attractive and very good but that never when anywhere. I LOVE Matt Smith because there is something very much like Tom Baker about him and I loved it. David Tennett managed to capture the absolute core personality of the Doctor that threads through all the incarnations and my possibly be the 'best' doctor but that doesn't make him my favorite. Although it is a tie for second place between those last two. Jon Pertwee (I'm sure I'm not spelling that correctly) was such a dashing and debonaire gentleman that I'm really excited to see another older doctor and what he will do with the part.
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Because, I just had to.. :)

tumblr_m74xkp4rRl1rzve6xo1_500.gif

omg that is terrifying!! D:

I love Doctor Who but wish they'd hurry up and make more.. seems like it takes ages for there to be a new series, and then there are never enough episodes! As for Doctors I've been a fan since 9 but 10 is my favourite (who doesn't love David Tennant?) and I liked Matt Smith too :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Dr. Who?

yes
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I just get the whole fascination with Doctow Who......must be odd!

That's ok Stephen...we can't all be perfect :tongue:

Game so that's where I am going wrong? Perhaps you could teach me to appreciate it?

Maybe? Idk...I've been trying to turn my brother into a Whovian over the years but all I can get out of him is "The special effects are awful" ppppbbbbttttt :tongue:

I've always found that starting people on the new series is more effective for hooking them on the Doctor.

Also: I'm a tenth Doctor fan all the way
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I've always found that starting people on the new series is more effective for hooking them on the Doctor.

Also: I'm a tenth Doctor fan all the way

True...but I've noticed that even starting them from the first episode of the new series doesn't help. The people I know don't really get into it until about halfway through the season with the 9th Doctor or even the 10th Doctor (but unfortunately that means they miss out on the budding romance of Rose and the Doctor :frown: )
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    This thread got me curious about DR Who. I liked the first three episodes and will watch more.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i watched it when i was in the uk.. have to say it was cool.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I like Sherlock and Dr Who sounds like another cool show from UK.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Options
    This thread got me curious about DR Who. I liked the first three episodes and will watch more.

We've got a convert people!!!! :happy:
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Options
    I love all the comments and pics! Some of you guys own some pretty awesome stuff! Keep them coming!!!
  • HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Because, I just had to.. :)

tumblr_m74xkp4rRl1rzve6xo1_500.gif

Brings me total happiness! Just waiting to save a little money before I start my Doctor Who collection!
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    9 was my first Doctor, but 11 is my Doctor (hence my profile picture - I was 11 for Halloween just gone!) However, I am insanely excited to see Capaldi in action!
    I have a TARDIS in my bedroom, but it's not properly built at the moment - a photo will be on here as soon as it is!

By the way, has anyone tried fish fingers and custard yet?
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Ten!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    David Tennent from the new lot and Tom Baker from my childhood.
  • StayinCrunchy
    StayinCrunchy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I consider 4 my first doctor. I used to watch him on PBS and liked it but just couldn’t understand it enough to get into it. And then came 9! I got 9! I finally understood what the hype was about. I now have a small Doctor Who obsession. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I’m currently making my way through all the classic episodes I can get my hands on.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the Doctor. I'm torn between 10 & 11 as to who is " my doctor ." Eccleston was my 1st though, so he will always have a special place in my heart(s). :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    My ex got me into Doctor Who in 1992, watching the Americanized movies (putting all the episodes of one specific series into a 90 minute movie, like The Key to Time was 90 mins rather than 6 episodes) on PBS. I watched the reboot and loved Eccs, but all the freaking shipping of 9 and Rose, 10 and Rose, the TARDIS and 10/11,11 and Amy, etc. turned me off watching anymore of it (the new stuff, not the classic stuff).

As usual, my favorite Doctor is my first, Tom Baker:
    tumblr_n0fxvvzONC1sj3oxho1_400.gif

Second fave is Jon Pertwee:
    tumblr_mtojxqpR0M1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My avatar says it all....
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    #10 owns my heart.