My boss buys me a chocolate croissant every Friday...HELP!!

Options
13»

Replies

• WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of the responses here OP....I will add this.

As many people have said, there is no reason why you shouldn't eat it. Don't deprive yourself. You're looking at roughly 300 calories (based on the chocolate croissant from Starbucks) 300 is not a bad calorie range for breakfast. You are over complicating your eating habits which could lead you to having anxiety over what you're eating in the future.

This is one day a week. You control what you eat through the rest of the week, so unless what you have been eating is unhealthy throughout the week, then one croissant once a week isn't going to kill your efforts.

The other issue could be that you don't trust yourself to eat this for fear that you won't be able to control your food intake by allowing an inch. If that's the case then you are going to need to get over this fear of confrontation and tell your boss thanks, but no thanks. Your boss is only human....he/she doesn't know how you are feeling about this and that it's causing this much stress unless you tell them. you don't have to tell them it's stressful....just tell them that you are trying to focus on eating healthier.

Finally this is causing you enough worry that you are asking about how to say no. That is an issue in itself. Along with the weight loss you are going to have to learn so many other things, and one of them is having a back bone. Making it clear what you want, what your goals are and defending your decisions to no one. This also takes time, but you need to focus on finding that back bone.