Cottage Cheese

Options
124»

Replies

• littlemiss114
    Options
    My all-time favorite is with tomatoes and cracked black pepper, but lately my go-to mix is 3/4 - one cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp sugar-free strawberry preserves, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I also mix a few teaspoons of cottage cheese with my egg whites. It sounds weird but gives them a great flavor and creaminess!:smile:
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Cottage cheese is so versatile. My favs for dessert are cottage cheese, peanut butter and honey nut cheerios mixed together, or you could just use cinnamon, banana or have it plain. I find this mix to be delicious and I often have it for breakfast. For savoury I like it in lots of stuff, especially with avocado and tomato mixed on some toast or chicken.

Its also really nice with chick pea curry which all you need is: a can of chick peas, a can of diced tomatoes, a brown onion and half a teaspoon of the following: curry powder, dried coriander leaves, chilli flakes, turmeric,garam masala, cumin and two crushed garlic cloves.

It's only about 400 calories for the lot and it is very filling.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love it plain (or with just a little pepper) however I really LOVE it mixed with HOT salsa. I also enjoy it with a spoonful of No Sugar Added Real Fruit Preserves. (like Smuckers Real Fruit.) Current fave is Blackberry. :smile:
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, cut up apple, grapes, sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg, teaspoon of flaxseed oi or Udo's oil and youre good to go.
  • cooper21120
    cooper21120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply it was bedtime here, love all these ideas, I think I have some serious shopping to do today thanks everyone :)
  • Eisa2
    Eisa2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese blueberry and cinnamon
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ad a little mayo, some garlic, and run some blue cheese through a ricer into it, mix well, and put it on top of veggies, or use as a veggie dip. You can put green onions or basil on it if you are going to put it on, say, sliced tomatoes.

I love it that way.

Or just put in pineapple chunks.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't think it sounds weird at all. Actually, I will have to try it. I love pretzel thins and oftentimes use cottage cheese as a dip for wheat thins. I love cottage cheese and diced nectarine or with a mix of fresh blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Although my family uses dressing for their salad, all I need is a bit of cottage cheese. I didn't realize how many cottage cheese lovers were out there. Yeah us!!!

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I slice an apple, sprinkle splenda and cinnamon over it, bake it in the microwave for about 4 minutes, then eat it with 1 cup of cottage cheese, dipping the baked apples in the cottage cheese. I arrange the apple slices around the cottage cheese. The cottage cheese also tastes really good with some splenda and cinnamon mixed into it.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I make cottage cheese pancakes all the time. Really good!
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We use cottage cheese to make tuna salad instead of mayo. Just add whatever else you normally would, like diced hard boiled eggs, green onions, and celery.
  • cooper21120
    cooper21120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We use cottage cheese to make tuna salad instead of mayo. Just add whatever else you normally would, like diced hard boiled eggs, green onions, and celery.

I think I will try this for lunch tomorrow!
  • jodiegrl2
    Options
    Love it with sliced strawberries or cantaloupe! It tastes like fruit and cream!
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like pears with mine but also tomatoes with a lot of black pepper is really good. People tease me that I like a little cottage cheese with my pepper!
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If I am totally craving a treat I mix in handful of carob (or chocolate) chips, splash of vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract) and make sure it's really cold.
  • danigirlbc
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is mixed with a 0% fat flavoured yogurt, tastes so yummy that way! You could even blend to make a thicker, creamy option.