Walking While Pushing A Stroller Help

angieskia
angieskia Posts: 152 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
The closest exercise to this was carrying an infant/15 lbs. In this instant we're not carrying we are pushing uphill or controlling downhil. I've seen plenty of mother's doing this & I have done this with My DOUBLE stroller. At the time both of my boys were over 35 lbs. So how would you measure or classify this Activity?

Replies

• dmwood
    dmwood Posts: 21 Member
    I found this last time I was looking for the same thing - Pushing or pulling stroller with child
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I believe you can find it on this site:
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

It has a lot of exercises in their database that MFP does not have.
  • angieskia
    Your are absolutely Right DMWood. Excuse me for my lack of research and improper word choices. I found it after all
  • angieskia
    sorry. didn't see you there Dani. Thank you for that site. I will def check it out
  • mrslaxton
    mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
    I push my double stroller for long walks almost every day. I just classify it as "walking moderate pace - walking dog".
  • I do not think that the calories are correct for "pushing or pulling stroller." I tried it and it calculated 66 calories for 30 mins. This is the same as "walking slow pace- 2 mph" for 30 mins for me (66 calories). If I walk at 3 mph (moderate pace walking dog) I burn 87 calories for 30 mins. If I am walking & pushing my daughter in the stroller, I always walk at a pace of 3 mph. So there should be a way to put in the pace you are walking while pushing the stroller, otherwise this calculation is completely inaccurate and useless (and frustrating that no websites bother to have info about an exercise almost all moms do!!).
This discussion has been closed.