How long Have you been Working Out?

Options
chism21
chism21 Posts: 155 Member
How long Have you been Working Out?

Hey guys I'm feeling kind of, in a funk right now.
It's like this weird feeling that I have been going to the gym for awhile and taking care of my nutrition and I know losing weight is a slow and arduous process however every morning I wave up expecting to have abs or something.

What I mean by this is "Do you get irritated about your results?

and it's just me or every body have this wishing feeling!

Replies

• chism21
    Options
    looks like I'm alone in this feeling!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Off and on longer than you have been alive lol. I think you get out of it what you put in.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Over 30 years.

Have been about the same size for the last 25.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    About a year and a half but it has been very inconsistent. I need to really get focused
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I started MFP April 2011. Started lifting heavy regularly Sept. 2011.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Since last March.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Almost five. My weight hasn't gone up significantly (my chief goal) for about a year. Admittedly about four months of that was injury and illness. Still has been a slower year than I am used to.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Almost five. My weight hasn't gone up significantly (my chief goal) for about a year. Admittedly about four months of that was injury and illness. Still has been a slower year than I am used to.

But.....dat *kitten*.......

Back on topic. 2 Years for me, and yes I went through about 9 months where I was very frustrated but I just powered through and kept going.....kept telling myself that regardless what the results were (or lack thereof) I was doing great things for my body. Came out of the slump in about August 2013 and been going full speed ahead since then :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A month, if that. :sad:
  • chism21
    Options
    A month, if that. :sad:

I have about the same time.
    P.S. You are cuteeeeeeeee! @ Soufre

@DJMIKEY1 I've putting in the work and I'm getting results, I just can't shake this feeling that By Now I should have abs. I know totally unrealistic, but a man can dream!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've been working out since July 2013. My body looks a lot better, but no abs or any definition. Still got a lot of jiggle. I don't go to a gym so I think there's only so much I can do at home. I'm satisfied with where I am though.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I played sports back in high school, but I've only been consistently working out for a few months now. It's finally starting to be fun now!
  • growtinymuscles
    growtinymuscles Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been seriously working out for about 14 months. Yes, at times it can be extremely frustrating. Whether you are bulking, cutting or just starting to get into shape, you have to realize that it is a journey and you will have good results and some disappointing ones. In the end, you stick to it, keep at it and you will achieve GREAT results!
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Two years. It's been kind of on & off though, 'cause I've had some health problems, & surgeries. So I'd have to take time to heal, unfortunately.
    So far I've seen great results. but there's definitely stuff that still frustrates me. I just try to look more at the positives, as opposed to the negatives. And just work harder.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    A few weeks, been on and off for a year
  • chism21
    Options
    I have been seriously working out for about 14 months. Yes, at times it can be extremely frustrating. Whether you are bulking, cutting or just starting to get into shape, you have to realize that it is a journey and you will have good results and some disappointing ones. In the end, you stick to it, keep at it and you will achieve GREAT results!
    True Story :wink:
  • 4-5 Months
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was April 2nd last year.
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10 months

And yeah some days I wake up and I am like WTF why has the AB fairy not shown up yet! Then I realize oh yeah this is reality and it just takes time and hard work.

It took me 11 year to get as big as I was (285lbs) and in 10 months I have just about got rid of more then half of it (I will get below 220lbs). So you just need to keep telling yourself i did not get this way over night so I will not look like I want to over night!! It takes time.