How long Have you been Working Out?

Options
2»

Replies

• lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I been working out for years... HOWEVER I also ate crappy so it never really mounted to a decent figure. I just changed my lifestyle 6 months ago and I think I'm getting better results with my workout
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    "working" out for a long time... seriously lifting? getting closer to 2 year.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Too long.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    on and off for about 7 years, regularly for 2
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    5 years
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    For most of my adult life (and that doesn't even count sports growing up). So probably about 20 years if I consider my habits after graduating high school.

I'm 37 and think this is the first year I've attempted to do it WITH a balanced diet. Up until now I either went from one extreme (severely restricting) to the other (eating reasonably but refusing to track anything because I wanted to avoid falling back into disordered eating).

I enjoy doing a variety of things to make it interesting and fun. I was raised in an active family so for me it's genuinely fun. :smile:
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @DJMIKEY1 I've putting in the work and I'm getting results, I just can't shake this feeling that By Now I should have abs. I know totally unrealistic, but a man can dream!

I didn't mean to come off as you haven't put in the work, you already have abs my man, they are just a little hidden right now. I've always heard abs were made in the kitchen. Once your BF starts droppin they will start poppin. Stick with it.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ive been very dedicated for the last year. slowed down in december bc i started a new job. when i hit a plateau, i change up whta i'm doing. either diet, or exercise - or both. even taking a week or 5 days off will shock your system and help get you out of a funk. good luck!!
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    10 months

And yeah some days I wake up and I am like WTF why has the AB fairy not shown up yet! Then I realize oh yeah this is reality and it just takes time and hard work.

It took me 11 year to get as big as I was (285lbs) and in 10 months I have just about got rid of more then half of it (I will get below 220lbs). So you just need to keep telling yourself i did not get this way over night so I will not look like I want to over night!! It takes time.

Yeah that's the way I think. I spent 2012 between 250/265 and I was fat. How can I expect to be skinny @ 280 mental nonsense :laugh:
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    off and on. I used to work out 2-3 hrs in gym when I was in my early twenties. Started working out couple of months ago after 3 year break.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    20 years
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's been about six years for me. I've had two more babies since then, so my progress has been inconsistent.
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    About three to four years.

I'm a better shape than I was before, and feel heaps better. However I'm the same size in clothes and only a couple of kilo's lighter which is quite frustrating.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Off and on my whole life. Was a super active kid/teenager, slowed down in my 20's, but worked out off and on, now fairly consistently in my 30's. Steadily for 3 years now, playing tennis.