Started the 30 day Shred today! Anyone else?

Options
As the title says I started the 30 day shred today! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it was still tough!
Just wondering if there's anyone else out there that has started it in the last few days or is looking to start it?
Looking for some new MFP friends so feel free to add me! I need all the motivation I can get ????????????????????????

Replies

• aclockworkblonde
    aclockworkblonde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and am up to level 2 but unfortunately I started doing other things and got distracted. I should already be done with it if I did it as often as I was supposed to but maybe I'll start over again from the beginning! I really like it because it uses the intervals, it's challenging but not crazy and introduced some interesting strength training exercises. I find her pretty annoying but I like the video.
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's no were near as intense as I thought it would be (I love watching the biggest loser so expected it to be a bit like that)
    I get easily distracted too. I do shift work so I'll find any excuse not to do it :/
    Going to make sure I stick to this and keep up with my protein intake because I have plateaud for the last few months.
    Let me know how you get on ????
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the book, does that count?
  • teresathorne101
    teresathorne101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today too :) I did the full 30 days last year but have unfortunately gained all the weight I lost so here we are again x
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday and am on Level 1 Day 2. I did it for about 12 days last year, but I started having issues with my feet and ankles and had to take a break.....and I never restarted.....until yesterday. I am going to start getting up before I go to work to make sure that I don't quit this time as I know if I try to do this after work, Ill get a case of the lazies and not do it.

Congrats on your start! Keep it up!
  • Zoeybird_2012
    Options
    I am starting it today. My oldest son who is not over weight at all is doing it with me as a Partner and he wants to build up. I really hope I can get out of bed in the morning!
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    Im on day 5 :) feel free to add me
  • Wynterandemiliano
    Wynterandemiliano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get through it after 10 minutes...Guess I have a ways to go :\ I am still trying though!
  • kiddkristin
    kiddkristin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Level 1! Started today!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm just dropping in to say what I'm telling everyone in situations like this:
    don't expect too much of things claiming to make you "lose weight fast" or "get ripped with minimal effort".
    That's just not how bodies work. This thing claims it can make you lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. Do some maths and that would roughly equal 2500 calories under maintenance every day. Doing that is rather questionable.
  • vsprocket04
    vsprocket04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I first started it last year but had to give up on day 11 due to a bad knee! I felt it was intense, felt like i was dying and ached so badly the next day. After day 3 it got better for me!
  • FearlessEquestrian
    FearlessEquestrian Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started it in Jan and got up to day 6, but I skipped a few days and never went back. Yesterday I re-started it within a FB group called Get Fit And Lean For Life, they have an event that goes over February for the 30 Day Shed, there are many others that are doing it this month :smile:
  • vdavis32
    vdavis32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly working my way through ripped in 30. I'm going to try another week on level one. I've had a hard time being consistent with my workouts. I'd love to have others on my list who are working through the levels.
  • grahamkayc
    Options
    I started yesterday as well! :) Good luck, everyone!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 8 today level 1 I have a group you can join I post my daily workouts I might switch things up with level 2/3 so it doesn't feel so boring I also printed a calendar to help with extra accountability your all welcome to add me and join the group

Group link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts
  • ayyeecee
    ayyeecee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 shred last year when I very first started my fitness journey. I loved it, it got a little tedious at times but just stick with it and eat right and you WILL see results!

Good luck!

30 mins is only 2% of your day!

I'm here if you need motivation!
  • missymelu
    missymelu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started Friday. Today is day 2 for me. I'm new here, so I need all the motivation I can get.
  • guamlite
    guamlite Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Where can I find info on 30 day Shred?
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started 30 day shred yesterday. I have already did day 2.. Add me if you'd like.
  • whisperer02
    Options
    I started phase 1 yesterday. I am a little sore but not as bad as i thought it would be. I exercise after work cuz i know im not waking up early to do it. Feel free to add me.