No Wheat No Sugar No Dairy No Alcohol

Options

Replies

• ursus_maritimus
    Options
    No way!! I need my wine and cheese!

Agreed. From my perspective, a life without some good wine isn't worth living :)
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    No Wheat No Sugar No Dairy No Alcohol NO FUN!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No wheat no sugar no dairy no alcohol?

"...No fun, no sin, no you....no wonder it's dark..."
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need a "cleanse". It does that naturally.

If you have a medical condition or food aversion to those items mentioned, that's a different thing.

I got to my goal weight and size and have maintained it by not villianizing any food or food group. And honestly, eating any food I wanted in moderation had a lot to do with my success.

+1
    +2
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love to eat all that stuff. I just do cardio and strength training and then it goes toward the "building program". :)
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Don't like this idea of cleansing the body. The body needs balance, everything above is fine in balance. Cleansing doesn't really achieve balance.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That's my everyday life. I don't feel deprived, nor did I do it as a detox or cleanse. It's just the normal daily lifestyle for a hypothyroid vegan who doesn't drink alcohol. As far as sugar goes, I don't like white sugar. It's just not palatable to me. I get all I need from fresh fruit.
  • snow00774
    Options
    I'm not sure what i would eat :( I mean a few days sure but two weeks? seems pointless.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like the J J Virgin diet...that I just started today it has me eliminating "high fi" foods...foods that lots of people are allergic to such as corn, soy, peanuts, eggs, dairy, gluten, sugar and artificial sweeteners for 21 days and then reintroducing 1 high fi food a week to see if I have a reaction...A plate of food for me looks like this--Clean lean protein (chicken, grass fed beef, wild game ect.), Healthy fats (olive oil, olives, avocado, wild caught fish ect.) Non starchy vegetables (bell peppers, okra, turnips, brussel sprouts, onions, lettuce, asparagus, green beans and mushrooms ect.), high fiber/low glycemic carbs (brown rice, oat bran, lentils, black beans, blueberries, strawberries ect.) tree nuts (almonds, cashews ect) and seeds....so far so good...
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Today I've had wheat, sugar, dairy and alcohol. I'm not gonna make it! :grumble:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'd rather kill myself. Why??? This is so horrible.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Why make things more difficult. I've consumed all those things over this past year, lost some weight, and more importantly improved every number on my blood panel that was just run last month. So I'll continue using portion control and moderation, now back to my arby's roast beef :)
  • mythryl
    mythryl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also doing No Wheat, no sugar no dairy, no alcohol. my reason is that my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma. And I have known for years ( learned in 1979, and have been studying since) that a vegan diet helps with chemo sickness. We became vegan the minute he was diagnosed. And he has not been sick for more than a couple of hours per treatment. And since Cancer loves sugar, cutting out sugar we are starving the cancer. Wheat causes internal swelling. ( I gave up wheat over a year ago, and I feel so much better, joint pain I had for over 10 years is totally gone) Dairy causes sinus issues. So giving up dairy all sinus headaches gone! just passing on info. PS: my husband has lost 35lbs. ( had it to lose) So giving up all these things is very helpful to your health and side effect of weight loss has been a bonus. ( Oh I lost 10lbs so far, it has been a month)
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am also doing No Wheat, no sugar no dairy, no alcohol. my reason is that my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma. And I have known for years ( learned in 1979, and have been studying since) that a vegan diet helps with chemo sickness. We became vegan the minute he was diagnosed. And he has not been sick for more than a couple of hours per treatment. And since Cancer loves sugar, cutting out sugar we are starving the cancer. Wheat causes internal swelling. ( I gave up wheat over a year ago, and I feel so much better, joint pain I had for over 10 years is totally gone) Dairy causes sinus issues. So giving up dairy all sinus headaches gone! just passing on info. PS: my husband has lost 35lbs. ( had it to lose) So giving up all these things is very helpful to your health and side effect of weight loss has been a bonus. ( Oh I lost 10lbs so far, it has been a month)

Best wishes to your husband's health. :(
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Some people like doing these things - at least they aren't getting suckered into some supplement or something.
    I would be super unhappy without dairy. I eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese and regular cheese daily. And I drink at least a cup of 2% milk. I could do the rest of it though, I did a no added sugar phase for about three months and felt great. And I don't eat a lot of wheat (just triscuits haha) just because I'm not a bread person.

But I don't think it's necessary at all. For instance, I would not be able to eat this coconut curried quinoa right now (it has raisins). Or the chocolate sea salt caramel gelato in my freezer waiting for dessert-time. :love: :love: :love:

But to each his own!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Does your liver not work?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I was reading Darya Rose's book Foodist (great book, highly recommend) and she suggests going 2 weeks with no wheat, sugar, dairy and alcohol as a sort of cleanse of the system. Has anyone done this, and if so what are some tips to get through those first few days? Thanks!

I don't eat any of the foods you list not because I'm into cleansing but because they are all major migraine triggers for me.
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    sounds like paleo. good luck