February Cycling Challenge 2014

Options
Welcome! It's that time again; time to start a new cycling thread! This thread is for anyone who is pushing a pedal, a bike pedal that is. We come from all walks of life, all fitness abilities. Some are avid cyclists who put up the most amazing numbers. Some are just starting out. We have commuters, we have spinners, and we have Moms dragging trailers. We even have a poster who does very little other than start the thread each month.blushing Whoever you are and whatever you're doing, we’d love to have you along.

Please feel free to post whatever motivates you. Some post miles, others post time. I post on the abysmal weather conditions that have kept me off the road. Whatever gets you moving, come along!

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    2/01/14--13.32 miles

Total--13.32 miles
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My goal this month = do better than last month. It won't take much. I didn't even do 10 miles in January. Ugh.

Awesome job to the rest of you, though!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to post whatever motivates you. Some post miles, others post time.

February 1 - rode 29.8 miles for a duration of 91 minutes
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I exceeded my goal - and my expectations - last month. I will think about my motivation / goal today in my spin class. In all honesty, I'm going to spin class today because I can't stand football / Super Bowl (and I live in Colorado), and it's been snowing non-stop for 3 days so I can't go outside. CABIN FEVER!

Yay February Challenge!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Im in,,stationary for now as I am in MN..did 12 miles today in 50 minutes..
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did 164 last month so think I will stick with 150 for a goal.

2/1/14- 15.79 miles
  • DebsFernandez
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join this challenge.
    I cycle every now and then, but I would like to do it more since I love riding.
    I recently joined a gym (a little over a week ago) and I use their stationary.
    I will set a goal of 100 miles for February. :) I am totally looking forward to this challenge!!!

02-01-14 = ~10 miles = 35 minutes (stationary)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello I am getting back to riding and I am planning to increase time slowly every day so today was 15 mins on a stationary bike
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    In again this month. Managed 439 miles last month but the majority was on the spin bike. Hoping the wind dies down a bit this month so I can get out more on the bike.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Getting out at all with the cold and the snow is a challenge - I am hoping for 20 miles this month.

Monthly goal 20
    Total so far 2.3

2/1 - 0.9
    2/2 - 1.4

Snow in the forecast so it may be a bit before I am back.
  • blanphere
    blanphere Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    2/2 - 18.39 spinning

Total for week - 18.39
    Total for month 0 18.39

Goal - 275/mo
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to get in on this too. I have 3 small kids so early morning is my best bet. I can do this. I hope.
  • DanCR44
    DanCR44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This will be my first challenge so will go put a total of 100 miles as my goal this month. Hope the weather is better this month for eveyone. good luck all.
  • swiftiesbuddies
    swiftiesbuddies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just going home to start my Kilometers today, bys sounds of it i need to do lots lol :)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    February 1 - rode 29.8 miles for a duration of 91 minutes
    February 2 - rode 47.2 miles for a duration of 150 minutes

I'm taking today off the bike to recover after those two rides.

Today will be weights only.

Total for month: 77 miles/4 hours
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    I'm buying a Mountain Bike this month. I have not been on a bike in 15 years really... Very much looking forward to it!

Once I have it I'll post my goal for the remainder of the month.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I typically don't join into these threads, but this sounds like fun.

I typically cycle 15-20 miles daily, 5 or 6 times a week. I am more or less a "fitness" cyclist as oppose to a performance cyclist. If the temp goes below 30 I exercise on an elliptical trainer. I ride in the rain, but not electrical storms.

I have a Terry Symmetry road bike that I purchased in 1998.

One of my "on the horizon" goals is to do a cycling vacation.

If you are focused on fitness (not just weight loss), and log in daily, please add me. It would be great to have more bike buddies.
  • swiftiesbuddies
    swiftiesbuddies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just done 12 kilometres and 500 calories, hope to do this 3 more times this week :):smile:
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think I'll set my goal at 80 miles this month since I'll also be adding in strength training. I'm sure the first few weeks of strength training will result in sore legs and some muscle fatigue so I don't want to set my goals too high. I loved that I stuck with this challenge last month and met my goal!
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    30 minutes today,7.6 miles