How many pounds a week do YOU shoot for ?

Options
and whats your calorie intake . I just wanna see how much everybody differs

Replies

• lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1.5 a week and my intake on average is over 2000. mfp has me set to 1950 and I eat back some exercise calories
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 1 lb a week, and with walking my dog, I usually have around 1300 calories a day. some days that seems like not enough, and some days I don't come close.... I even went out for breakfast (Subway with my son) had a cherry turnover while out this afternoon, and went to Logan's Roadhouse for dinner, and still have 220 calories left!
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    At least 2 lbs a week and I eat around 1200 calories a day with cheat days where I eat anywhere from 1400 to over 2000 calories in a day. Some days I eat back my exercise calories and some days I don't. Just depends if I am hungry.
  • CC_Maam
    CC_Maam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Supposedly 2 to 2.5 lbs a week is optimal. I go for two lbs a week and generally hit that. I'm not glued to that and I'd delighted when I make it but dont get bummed if I don't make it as long as it goes down steadily week to week even if it is even a bit. Some weeks are better than others.

CC
    Weight for Me! www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CC_Maam
  • diana5066
    diana5066 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1-15. lbs per week... would love more.. but happy is a reach this. 1200-1400 calories per day.
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started out losing 1 pound a week...then I went down to 0.5 per week pretty quickly (I wasn't overweight to begin with, just unfit, so I found the 500 cal deficit kind of hard). Now, I have lost 21 pounds and am pretty much ready for maintenance but still want to lose some belly fat, so I am moving to maintenance gradually with a loss of only 0.25 lb per week for now, which gives me 1465 cals for the day (before adding in exercise cals).
  • sarah_s77
    sarah_s77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been aiming for 1-2 pounds a week, following a 1200-1400 calorie diet (I usually eat back at least some of what I've burned off). I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 143 lbs (down from 155 one month ago, exactly!). I expect that the weight loss will taper off as I get closer to my ideal weight, but am consistently surprised when I lose a couple of pounds in a week.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    With only 9lbs to lose my aim is .5lb, but I've been avg. closer to .75. My calories are set at 1600 but will go up to 1800 on more active days.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I use to shoot for about 8 ponds a week.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for one pound a week, and doing about that. I don't count calories, but I must be in the neighborhood of 1430 net (i.e., I eat more than that and I exercise), since this is what MFP says I need for one pound per week.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1600-2000 calories daily and that's for a .5 - 1 lb weekly loss setting
  • NyssaDuck
    Options
    I aim for 1lb a week, and eat about 1300 calories a day.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    MFP is set at 0.5 a week and a daily goal of 1660 calories. I eat back some of my exercise calories, but I also save some as this weather means it is impossible to get out some days.
    I think I could probably get away with upping my calories a bit although I don't really have trouble staying under so it seems pointless.
  • VintagePhoenix
    Options
    1400-1500kcals aaaaand my goals of monthly based, 3lbs this month so around 1.5lbs a week I guess :)
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1-2lbs a week is my aim, though I often go either side of that (I have a lot to lose still so I'm not that worried). I try to stick around 1800-2000 cals a day, but I sometimes go under during the week because I relax a little at the weekend.
  • AFWXDUDE
    AFWXDUDE Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Depends on a lot of factors. im 5'10, male, 215lbs and i currently eat 1700 cals a day and up to 1900 when i exercise. Ive lost 4 lbs this week alone. I am for 1.5-2 lbs a week though.
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 1.5-2 pounds and my calorie intake is 1500
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I'm not officially overweight so I'm trying to lose relatively slowly so that the weight keeps off. I'm trying to go from 134lbs to 124lbs so I have mine set at 1lb a week and aim for a net of 1380 calories a day (set by MFP.)
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    I aim for 1 lbs per week but have been losing a little more than that per week. I eat 1200 calories per day with one cheat meal per week. I exercise 6 days per week doing C25K program anedstrength training (3 days per week) and dance DVD's (5 days per week).