How many pounds a week do YOU shoot for ?

Options

Replies

• luvcookies2014
    luvcookies2014 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just aim to lose something. I would love to lose 2lbs a week, but it just doesn't happen for me. I average around .25-.50 lbs a week.
  • DaveInFL
    DaveInFL Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My current aim is for 1.5lbs per week with a net calorie goal of 1,600. I only started last Wednesday so have only done 5 days, but so far I have lost 2lbs which is encouraging.
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    So far I have averaged about 1.5 pounds per weeks. That exceeds my goals I had set so I am very happy.
  • Epic_Blitz
    Epic_Blitz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    4-5 lbs a week.
  • Jillian11905
    Jillian11905 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1 to 2 pounds a week.
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    To get an idea of what any of that even means though, you really need to be getting more information from people... such as How much they currently weigh/have to lose, for example. Otherwise, this questions is really kinda pointless.
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 7lbs to lose and eat 1300 calories/day to lose .5lb/week.
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    0.5 pounds per week and allowed 1910 + exercise calories per day. But I feel this is giving me extreme weakness and I wonder whether I would be able to follow.
  • bassaniobroke
    Options
    To get an idea of what any of that even means though, you really need to be getting more information from people... such as How much they currently weigh/have to lose, for example. Otherwise, this questions is really kinda pointless.
    You are right because I am allowed 1910 calories and other person allowed 1300 calories per day so how and why?
  • bassaniobroke
    Options
    different people set different targets and accordingly they are permitted calories per day. What should be realistic target. denying too much will burn out muscles.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Depends on your amount to lose. I look at %. I only have around 5% more to lose and am small so I eat 1200 cal a day and exercise. It is really hard to reduce 3500 cals so it takes a while to lose. As u get closer to goal and weight leas, the % of loss is less and it still takes3500 to get rid a a pound
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    in terms of weightloss...? i don't. whatever happens, happens.

in terms of bacon...? i aim to eat at least 5 pounds a week. :wink:
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1 lb/week, but I lose a little more than that.

I eat about 1,350 - 1,500 calories a day and exercise 3 times a week burning at least 400 calories a time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't think of it as pounds per week because due to fluctuations during each month, I tend to lose very slowly for a few weeks and then drop 2-4 lb all at once. I am set to lose 1.5 lb/week and that's roughly accurate for me over the past 10 months since joining.

My current calories (with no exercise, sedentary) are 1,320 but most days I log exercise and eat back some or all calories, so I tend to hover between 1,400-1,600.
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't like to have my expectations too high so I generally just aim for a pound a week. But I've been losing more than that. That is probably due to the fact that I have like 60 pounds to lose though. I'm 5'1, I started at 195 and I am now 182.5. I have been on this journey for a month and a half. I try to eat at 1574, sometimes I go over sometimes I'm under.

I know my weightloss will eventually slow so that's why I only aim for a one pound loss a week, more is always a surprise!
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat 1400-1600 a day, and MFP says I should lose 2lb a week this way. I've lost 8lb since January 1st, so I'm guessing it's pretty spot on so far :) Any loss is fab for me though.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    1-2 lbs/week
    1200 Calories/Day
    45-Mins/Day Workout x 6 Days/Week
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    3.14 . No i aim for 7/10ths of a pound per week, but it comes out to about 1.2 instead. i eat 1800-2100 depending on exercise.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I aim or about 1lb/week. My calorie goal is between 1300-1400/day
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    .5 - 1 pound a week.

1500-1800 calories.